2018 NHL Off-Season Thread

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
11 mill per for a guy whose never scored 40 goals or had 90 points

lockout in 2 years

guys like tyler bozak getting 5 mill

The salary cap goes up every year as part of their last agreement, the league will be fine for quite awhile actually.

Tavares is legit, he was gifting players like KYLE OKPOSO, PA PARENTEAU, and JOSH BAILEY 20 goals. That speaks to his skill all to itself.

He's a lock for 70 points and 30 goals, even playing behind Matthews. Not the fastest skater, but huge IQ and master in the cycle.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11 mill per for a guy whose never scored 40 goals or had 90 points

lockout in 2 years

guys like tyler bozak getting 5 mill
Agreed. It's unfortunate, but until they get that US TV contact...

Islanders should have flipped him and engage talks in FA. They could have gotten something. Put all their eggs in one basket.

That's what you have for having horrible gm Garth snow.

Islanders never got that number 1 goalie, shoddy d , terrible arena

Dudes waited till tavares was a ufa to fire their coach and gm

Barry trotz prob like damn
Garth Snow did this. He still works there. Belmont is a bad idea too.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Agreed. It's unfortunate, but until they get that US TV contact...

Garth Snow did this. He still works there. Belmont is a bad idea too.
Why you think Belmont’s a bad idea? I think that was a good look. Not having Tavares there makes it harder but I just think Islander fans will be through the roof that they back on the island.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why you think Belmont’s a bad idea? I think that was a good look. Not having Tavares there makes it harder but I just think Islander fans will be through the roof that they back on the island.
its a horse field. its too far from a all service train station.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
its a horse field. its too far from a all service train station.
There’s a train station right at the park. It’s literally like 5 minute ride to Jamaica. Besides islanders fans like to drive there wasn’t a train station near Nassau coliseum.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
I think if Bettman/NHL owners are smart (yea I know lol) they have to do everything to avoid another lockout since their TV deal is up soon and I expect them to give another TV partner to split rights with NBC. FOX/FS1 would be the perfect fit for that. There is possibly a billion dollar or more riding on that next deal and a lockout might fukk that up so whatever issues PA has Bettman should get to work on that right now.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
There’s a train station right at the park. It’s literally like 5 minute ride to Jamaica. Besides islanders fans like to drive there wasn’t a train station near Nassau coliseum.

Belmont doesn’t have full time service at its current station and all the reading I have done on it says it would take at least 10 years to do that and you know with MTA that means longer.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
special use only, it will take millions to upgrade to all day. also too far from the city.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think if Bettman/NHL owners are smart (yea I know lol) they have to do everything to avoid another lockout since their TV deal is up soon and I expect them to give another TV partner to split rights with NBC. FOX/FS1 would be the perfect fit for that. There is possibly a billion dollar or more riding on that next deal and a lockout might fukk that up so whatever issues PA has Bettman should get to work on that right now.

There will be a lockoit contracts are out of wack again

John tavares is making 11 mill a year

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
Can I get a quick rundown/summary of the Flyers current squad? I don't follow the sport at all.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
There will be a lockoit contracts are out of wack again

John tavares is making 11 mill a year

That is because the cap keeps rising and contracts are going up as a result. Watch if the NHL gets a big TV deal from NBC and/or FOX in a few years you might be a massive jump like in the NBA. 11 million won’t be that much in 10 years imo. Besides constantly having half season lockouts isn’t a good look. I expect a 60-65 season lockout hopefully.