2020 C8 Corvette Stingray - Mid Engine Complete Redesign $60K MSRP Gunning for Lambo/Ferrari

Best Corvette Generation (Performance/Aesthetics/Technology/Value)

• C1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C2

• C3

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • C4

• C5

• C6

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • C7

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • C8

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Showtime.:blessed:

ngcorvette-camo.jpg

LIVE STREAM LINK

****** Chevrolet Pressroom - United States - 2020 Corvette ****** STREAMING STARTS 7:50 PST/10:50 EST

:salute:

Gatdamn they pulled it off...

gez6podh2hgvptydfz0b.jpg

:ohlawd:

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Was it? Never knew that. I just like that classic long hood, short rear coupe design of the Vette.
Yeah when it was developed it was a supposed to be a American Ferrari but GM didn't want to spend the money on a mid engine design at the time. They did try it in the 80s with the ferro though but again they cheaped out with that one too :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Yeah when it was developed it was a supposed to be a American Ferrari but GM didn't want to spend the money on a mid engine design at the time. They did try it in the 80s with the ferro though but again they cheaped out with that one too :francis:

Actually, by 88 the Fiero's running gear was completely revamped away from the Chevette parts bin. It had a completely redesigned independent front and rear ball joint suspension, redesigned brakes, and upgraded electronics.

The sales were going down at the time, and GM was in the redesign phase for the C4 Vette. A few prototypes were built, which GM took cues from and used the design language for the FBody LS Firebird and Camaro that came out around 93.

The Fiero was orig. intended to be a commuter, but the engineers at the time were genius at concept and won many wars against the bean counters, but ultimately lost when butted against the Vette.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Actually, by 88 the Fiero's running gear was completely revamped away from the Chevette parts bin. It had a completely redesigned independent front and rear ball joint suspension, redesigned brakes, and upgraded electronics.

The sales were going down at the time, and GM was in the redesign phase for the C4 Vette. A few prototypes were built, which GM took cues from and used the design language for the FBody LS Firebird and Camaro that came out around 93.

The Fiero was orig. intended to be a commuter, but the engineers at the time were genius at concept and won many wars against the bean counters, but ultimately lost when butted against the Vette.
:myman: repped

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
Mary Barra & the new GM are lost & don't know what the hell they are doing. After a slight sales boost due to the newness & hype, the C8 will be a flop sales wise.

GM/Chevy should've kept the Corvette C7 & it's front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout and refreshed it.

GM/Chevy then could've also created the Corvette C8 as a HALO Stingray version (a la Ford GT) with the mid -engine design.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mary Barra & the new GM are lost & don't know what the hell they are doing. After a slight sales boost due to the newness & hype, the C8 will be a flop sales wise.

GM/Chevy should've kept the Corvette C7 & it's front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout and refreshed it.

GM/Chevy then could've also created the Corvette C8 as a HALO Stingray version (a la Ford GT) with the mid -engine design.
See that woulda made waaayyyy more sense. Have a regular C8 and then have a $200-300k Halo car like you said. I can see the C7’s holding their values for a good amount of time...

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus

You would think GM is jumping the shark, but this has been planned for a long long time.

I'm sure that all of this is leading towards fully electric. Let the people have what they want.

What I really want is the quad round tail lights to come back, and 180 deg. headers or flat plane V8.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
You would think GM is jumping the shark, but this has been planned for a long long time.

As an auto enthusiast (like yourself), I'm quite aware of the Corvette's history & Zora Duntov's vision.

However, completely eliminating the beloved, front-engine, rear-wheel-drive platform the Corvette had for 64 years will be a big mistake from a sales standpoint.

,Let the people have what they want.

I agree, which is why I stated previously that the C7 in it's present form shouldn't have been eradicated but revamped, especially considering the C7 Corvette's development costs have been recouped & it's one of Chevy's biggest profit makers.

Adding a unique, mid engine Corvette Stingray version would bring some new aficionados to the Corvette brand while the revised C7 Corvette could still retain it's more traditional customer base, particularly as a more affordable Corvette model.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
I previously had a BMW 335i coupe and now have a Porsche Cayman. I have never ever wanted a Corvette before. I have never been interested in American sports cars. I am getting a C8 though. Going mid engine is a game changer and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think the typical owners looks the starter pack images below. The C8 will bring in newer people to the brand. Going mid engine is a great next step. Short and lower hoods is also great for visibility. Their old grumpy target base is still gonna buy it along with the new blood. This car will have a frunk and a trunk behind the engine to carry luggage for trips. If the C7 was any indication of how the interior has been improved, the C8 will be amazing and should be based on the spy pictures I have seen. One last thing. C7's are on serious discount right now because people are legit waiting for the C8.

corvette-owner-starter-pack-its-called-fashion-look-it-up-20917578.png
3xk1fipeoqb11.jpg

Last edited: