2020 Life Prep Thread: Save money, watch your back, register to vote

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I got a bad feeling about next year. Not just some OMG Donald Trump type stuff, but a tangible foreboding. Too much globally is going wrong and it just can't fit together for a happy ending.

Maybe it is because I do economic forecasting for part of my job and on a global conference call with a bunch of different companies everyone is like :francis:

"German manufacturing and exports are in free fall, technically they are in recession"
"We aren't going to invest due to uncertainty"
"Yeah, we are hitting a recession in 2020, the only question is how bad. Private debt levels are worse than 2008"
"Central banks can't lower rates much more and China has run out of play money to spend on infrastructure..."

Between this, the election, likely hard Brexit and a general election in the UK between Boris Johnson and Corbyn, China about to explode from debt, etc. brehs need to start a back up plan:

My recommendations:

1. Start saving money now. 10% per check if you can, 5% if you can't. Actually sit down and ask yourself what your next move is if you get pink slipped since we all aren't going to make it.

2. Cut off fake friends and money hungry types, they will only be dead weight.

3. Watch people carefully in public, as the economic ice cracks more dudes will do some mental breakdown mass shooting type crap

4. Register to vote now, even if you don't care to vote. I have a feeling they are going to make it REAL hard for brehs to get on the rolls next year.

5. Buy a gun and practice at the range if you can in your city/state

6. Don't live in denial. Things aren't getting better in the short term

7. Worst case, two weeks food/water can't hurt :yeshrug:

Any other ideas?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
imagine thinking cutting off your social circle would be considered wise advice because of an economic downturn

not to say you shouldn't be prepared, particularly with firearms, kits etc.

but that's just counterproductive.

stave

Superstar
Daps
I have this feeling something is going on but don't have a clue exactly what the endgame is here. Maybe another post from someone else connects more dots for me :lupe:

Daps
Stock up on canned goods, candles, batteries, never let your gas get low in your car

Stay in shape, because if folks have to flee in trucks and vans, your fat ass will take up space that could have gone to another person, and if people have to run, or exit a place quickly, your fat ass is going to block people from the exit

And if you have to be rescued, your fat ass isn’t going to be saved

BoldVillainousAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
We've been waiting on a crash since 2016.

The time is coming for it but, then again maybe not.

Stack your paper. That's number one.

From here to the end of the year we should be trying to reach $5000 in savings. At least a G a month.

Good luck.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I got a bad feeling about next year. Not just some OMG Donald Trump type stuff, but a tangible foreboding. Too much globally is going wrong and it just can't fit together for a happy ending.

Maybe it is because I do economic forecasting for part of my job and on a global conference call with a bunch of different companies everyone is like :francis:

"German manufacturing and exports are in free fall, technically they are in recession"
"We aren't going to invest due to uncertainty"
"Yeah, we are hitting a recession in 2020, the only question is how bad. Private debt levels are worse than 2008"
"Central banks can't lower rates much more and China has run out of play money to spend on infrastructure..."

Between this, the election, likely hard Brexit and a general election in the UK between Boris Johnson and Corbyn, China about to explode from debt, etc. brehs need to start a back up plan:

My recommendations:

1. Start saving money now. 10% per check if you can, 5% if you can't. Actually sit down and ask yourself what your next move is if you get pink slipped since we all aren't going to make it.

2. Cut off fake friends and money hungry types, they will only be dead weight.

3. Watch people carefully in public, as the economic ice cracks more dudes will do some mental breakdown mass shooting type crap

4. Register to vote now, even if you don't care to vote. I have a feeling they are going to make it REAL hard for brehs to get on the rolls next year.

5. Buy a gun and practice at the range if you can in your city/state

6. Don't live in denial. Things aren't getting better in the short term

7. Worst case, two weeks food/water can't hurt :yeshrug:

Any other ideas?

thanks for the heads up, 2021 around the way, any more bright ideas?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
We've been waiting on a crash since 2016.

The time is coming for it but, then again maybe not.

Stack your paper. That's number one.

From here to the end of the year we should be trying to reach $5000 in savings. At least a G a month.

Good luck.

It’s only so long you can delay the inevitable before the bottom falls out. It’s going to happen, but just a matter of when. I do know the government will have no other choice but to provide relief to landlords. That’s the only way to solve the rent issue.

Student koans I’m not really sure about as no amount forgiven will be enough for a lot of people.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
thanks for the heads up, 2021 around the way, any more bright ideas?

This shyt is so sideways, record unemployment and record stock market co-existing. Some industries thriving, others starving. Whole industries shell shocked due to the COVID. I honestly have no idea but if it starts good I am suspicious it won't last.