2023 NBA champs predictions midseason

Championship Predictions

• Total voters

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
A lot of these old heads and fake ass old heads on here be hating but we're witnessing one of the most competitive seasons in NBA history. The dominant play of Durant, Giannis, Jokic, LeBron, Luka, Mitchell, Steph, Ja, Embiid, etc. this season has been something else to watch. It's been great to see new blood emerge in the West like the Kings and Pelicans and teams like the Knicks back to respectability. There have already been several classic level games and we just wrapped up a Bucks-Raptors game with a highly entertaining ending.

The discrepancy in the standings are minimal compared to most seasons in NBA history so far. Even bad teams have very talented players to look forward to watching and they generally compete with the biggest example being the Orlando Magic with players like Paolo and Bol Bol. The Magic are losing by a margin of 4 points nightly and that is 26th in the league. Teams like the Jazz and Pacers have been complete surprises to the majority of NBA fans and are actually talented squads. The league wide parity is so great that unlike most seasons I expect a diverse poll in votes.

In fact if we compare the top 3 teams in margin of victory to other seasons in NBA history you'd see how much parity exists in the game today it can be tough for the betting man.

1993 NBA Top 3 MOV
Seattle Sonics | won by margin of 7.07 points
Phoenix Suns | won by margin of 6.66 points
Cleveland Cavaliers | won by margin of 6.45 points

2023 NBA Top 3 MOV
Cleveland Cavaliers | winning by a margin of 5.24 points
Boston Celtics | winning by a margin of 5.24 points
New Orleans Pelicans | winning by a margin of 4.46 points

Anyway I got my money on the Cavs this year which isn't a popular opinion but I'm throwing something on it. They are hilariously underrated and a +2000 odds right now to win. All season Donovan Mitchell has been calm, cool, and collected down the stretch of games. The Cavs have had injuries throughout their rotation and some vital guys haven't or have barely suited up for them this season. Mitchell has a major chip on his shoulder and I see him showing out in the playoffs and having series on par with his bubble series and Clippers series. The Cavs have had the toughest schedule in the league and have beaten every major team in the East other than Brooklyn. Mitchell himself has destroyed Boston and Milwaukee head-to-head. Teams like the Bucks and Celtics are automatically given the upper hand because they made Finals series. Neither team is infallible and to go back to the parity argument over the last 5 years we've seen 4 different teams win the championship. Both teams have weaknesses that can be exploited and got lucky breaks their way en route to their Finals appearances meaning they didn't exactly dominate over the field. Both teams main cast have taken their eliminations short of the Finals throughout the last 5 years. NBA fans have a bad habit of drowning teams on the basis of making a Finals instead of taking things at face value for what they are how they are playing out. To me Cleveland is right there with any team in the East and those series will go down to coaching and intangibles. I'm not going to guarantee that they'll win but they're who I'm rooting for and they've got my pick.

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Nets would be a dope story but Celtics have their number and thought they’ve cooled down some, they have the best Star Duo whos arleady at this rate played the longest. They have a DPOY SG, Brogdon will come through at times im sure and enough of presence down low that I can’t see them not being the favorites. It all depends on matchups though, it’s a little wide open this year.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Grizzlies over Bucks in 7 games

ECF - Bucks beat Celtics
WCF - Grizzlies beat Warriors

We in here :mjgrin: stanning aside I do think we makin finals but Bucks probably edge us of I'm bein unbiased

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
We get a finals rematch, and the Celtics put an end to the GSW dynasty. Tatum delivers an all time finals performance.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That fake ass old head, Jordan VHS tape watching ass @viktordoomsecretwars bytch ass nikka has me blocked has the nerve to critique parity and competition in the NBA today when it was really the 90’s that had no parity and more games resulted in blow outs bigger disparity between haves and have nots.

The bad teams were bad and lost by double digits nightly. More unwatchable teams, more blow outs.

This clown has the nerve to talk like an authority on this forum and just pulls shyt out his ass and passes it off as fact.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Bucks if Middleton ever gets healthy

This

Celts are the deepest team.

Dubs losing Steph for this time period may be a blessing in disguise.

Nets are scary but Ben is ass and Joe Harris is washed.

Cavs ...gotta watch dem nikkaz. Might pull some shyt off.

Philly can get on a run.

Don't trust the Grizzlies yet.

Cappers all depends on the health of Peg Leg so :francis:

Mavs and that ball dominant Luka shyt ain't gon work in the playoffs.

Miami a darkhorse but Jimmy's health.