20th Anniversary of 9/11/2001 Thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I normally think about the families impacted, the impact on the city, and how the US has changed and the ways it hasn't since politically/socially etc.

Driving into the city tonight I could see the tower lights from Westchester and again from my apartment.

I wonder if Pearl Harbor and WW2 weighed on older generations the same way.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
I normally think about the families impacted, the impact on the city, and how the US has changed and the ways it hasn't since politically/socially etc.

Driving into the city tonight I could see the tower lights from Westchester and again from my apartment.

I would say the biggest difference is that 9/11 was basically an attack on civilians in a major urban American city

Daps
Rest in Peace to everyone innocent who was killed.

If you think about every death that resulted from the wars and proxy wars and future terrorist attacks the casualties are in the millions and spread across multiple nations that may have never had terrorism.

9/11 was the catalyst for all of this tragedy.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
For me, 9/11 affected me differently.

No one I knew died in the attacks, so in some ways I never had grief or a direct connection with the attacks. I was originally supposed to be taking one of my Drivers Ed training classes that morning, but it was cancelled because of it happening a hour after the first attack.

What I did feel, was a loss of a certain type of freedom. Like there was always going to be surveillance, always security. Where as a kid, pre-9/11, you could be out at night until your Dad threatens to beat your ass, just having fun, warned about STRANGER DANGER with white vans and dudes giving away candy.

Now it was like your shoes have to come off, you can't carry liquid. Just a highly distrust of its own citizens to prevent another incident like this again, yet I feel like the attacks itself were rare, and that the States isn't doing much work to keep an eye on local terrorists cells to prevent another OKC Bombing.

So as of today, I don't feel anything from the attacks, but the repercussions I feel and can tell what was then and what is now.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

i'm only speculating but i think 9/11 hit with more bass than PH.
NYC is the U.S.'s shyt.
PH is you in the crowded subway and someone trying to get somewhere
steps on your AF1s.

9/11 was after he stepped on your shoes, he smacked the Yankees
fitted off your dome and pushed you out the train at the last minute.
now you gotta hunt this dude down and you don't know where he is.
fukk it...lemme spend 20 years on this shyt.