Daps
boyz-in-the-hood-september-2016-01.jpg

Dope pic, never seen it before.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
"I ain't from Africa, I'm from Crenshaw Mafia"

:wow:

Lil Hawk from Crenshaw Mafia Bloods would later turn this into a track in the 2nd installment, to the 1993 Bangin On Wax album by "The Bloods and The Crips"

I was two years old when Boyz n the hood cameout, and didn't see the film til' MANY years later. Boyz n the hood set the template for hood flicks in the 90's. It was the first of it's kind.

Eh. I still play Piru Love :sas2:

I still have my bangin on wax cassette:snoop:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Eh. I still play Piru Love :sas2:

I still have my bangin on wax cassette:snoop:

I just got done listening to Piru Love maybe a couple of seconds before you posted it. That's my fave track off the album. I'm not listening to Steady Dippin by The Crips. Most of which were from Compton and Long Beach on this particular Crip track.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I always :mjcry: as Doughboy fades out at the end.

me too breh :mjcry: I felt bad for Doughboy the fade scene was paying homage to film Stand By Me

In an interview with Jog Road Productions, producer Steve Nicolaides revealed that Singleton wanted him to produce the film because of his previous work on one of Singleton’s favorite films, Rob Reiner's Stand By Me. Reiner picked up on Singleton’s choice to mimic a fade out effect on one of the main characters at the end of the film. “It was an homage,” Nicolaides told Reiner during the making of A Few Good Men. “I mean, the fat kid wears a striped shirt in it, too.”

Another element that the films share is the invitation to “see a dead body.” Singleton says that he hadn’t actually seen a dead body growing up.

Yall wanna see a dead body scene

Fade scene

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
@m0rninggl0ry you are definitely right, my bad for that i'll edit the mistake.

didn't know that btw about the alternate cast change.

Nia got it because during the casting call, she told John about the school she went to ( a popular catholic school ) and how the girls wanted beat her up everyday while trying to go to school and she got it