2nd Ghostface appreciation thread this week; the album catalogue :wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:picard: Ghost dropped FIVE albums in a row that are either classic or well over 4 mics.
- Ironman,
- Supreme Clientele
- BulletProof Wallets (especially the OG version leaked on Napster)
- Pretty Toney
- Fishscale

Imagine dropping your 5th solo album (Fishscale) and having a lot of dedicated heads argue that it's your 2nd best album. :wow:

I'm actually being generous here and not counting More Fish, Big Doe Rehab, Apollo Kids, or Put It On The Line...all of which are pretty dope.

Edit: And none of this is even considering Cuban Linx 1 and 2 (which are basically half his albums too), his verses on Wu group albums, Wu-Massacre with Rae and Meth, or Wu-Block with Sheek Louch.
:banderas:

Last edited:

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
His catalog is clearly the best in the Wu. The only other person who can give him a run in the Clan or affiliates would be Bronze Nazareth. His catalog is up there with the GOATS. One person who catalog people clearly sleep on is Biz Markie

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Def appreciated
:obama:

My favorites are Iron Man, Supreme Clientele, Fishscale, More Fish and Apollo Kids.

Ghost kept delivering quality albums, I also really liked the concept albums later in his career, like '12 Reasons To Die' and '36 Seasons'.

25 years of quality albums
:salute:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
accurate..but his next 4 or 5 were mid

but overall his catalogue is probably top 10
That’s actually why I started this thread. Was talking to someone about how he had some mid albums later, and I was saying if anyone earned the right to take his foot off the gas and drop some average work, it’s Ghost. Most cats never make one classic album.

He went so long without any bad drops that it was only a matter of time.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Ghost has my favorite run of albums in hip-hop
if he retires in 2009, it goes down as the best discography in hip-hop easy.

his output post Wizard of Poetry is..

:huhldup:

even that album w/ BadBadNotGood I'm not much of a fan of and I really like BBNG..it was just eh.

him (and Cam's) ear for beats went from top tier to falling right off.
no surprise that happened when they didn't have the major label budget for their samples clearances.