343 Industries Will No Longer Make Halo Games, But Will Oversee Outside Development - Report(Rumor)

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Darryn Bonthuys
January 20, 2023 at 5:54AM PST

It's claimed that 343 Industries will be taking a backseat to the development of future Halo games.​

A new report has claimed that longtime Halo developer 343 Industries is being taken off of "active development" of the franchise and that new games in the series will be created by third-party studios. According to Halo leaker Bathrobe Spartan--who has a solid track record leaking Halo inside information--and translated by Metro, Microsoft's mass layoffs have hit 343 Industries hard and will see up to a third of its workforce laid off. Veteran developer Joseph Staten is reportedly exiting the studio and will rejoin Xbox Publishing.
343 Industries will then take on a parental role for Halo, overseeing new games and content while working on maintaining the game's engine. This isn't entirely new territory for 343 Industries as it has relied on outside help to develop Halo Infinite's multiplayer content (Season 2 is a prime example of this), but Bathrobe Spartan claims that the planned story-based DLC has been scrapped due to it being considered not cost-effective under 343's stewardship.
A follow-up to Halo Infinite is also expected to enter pre-production alongside spin-off titles, with these games reportedly being franchised out to other studios and being developed on more modest budgets. While Halo Infinite had a strong launch, recent months have seen 343 Industries criticized for delayed content rollouts, tedious multiplayer progression, and numerous bugs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
But the bots told me to wait until Season 7...
that’s literally all there is in here. same 4 guys circle jerking as usual.

People still playing the game and looking forward to updates like every other FTP/Service game.

it’s crazy how perspectives work, as this is your take based on all the doom and gloom promoted by sony stans.

In reality the game is currently holding users much better than the most recent cod and battlfied.

It came out in November. Dozens of games have come out since then, and only one of them has more daily users than Halo, and that’s elden Ring.

People who don’t even play the game like @Gizmo_Duck and his sony stan coalition have gone out of their way to promote negativity about the game and push this narrative of it being a dead and empty game, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth.

You check the twitch stats right now, and there’s way more people engaged with Halo right now than forbidden west. Same on steam with Horizon 1. But we will never get a thread or bunch of posts trashing the game or it’s developer.

All FTP games go through a growth period. Halo will continue to grow over the years, just like the FTP games it’s being compared to right now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
JSchrier said:
I ran these bullet points by a few people. While it's true that 343 is focused on multiplayer, the stuff about campaign DLC being scrapped is false (I don't think there was much of that planned in the first place), and a lot of this is either wrong or just speculation.

Sorry sony stans y’all gone have to call off the victory parade :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sorry sony stans y’all gone have to call off the victory parade :francis:

Live look at J Schreier

O1HBIp.gif

:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thread title too clean. A bit more drama and sensationalism would've worked wonders.

Something like

"343 INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT ON HALO GAMES HALTED, KEY MEMBERS BANNED FROM STUDIO, POTENTIAL OUTSIDER STUDIO STEPPING IN. MORE NEWS INSIDE!!" It gotta almost be as juicy as the Kojima locked in the offices of Konami drama :ohlawd:

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Thread title too clean. A bit more drama and sensationalism would've worked wonders.

Something like

"343 INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT ON HALO GAMES HALTED, KEY MEMBERS BANNED FROM STUDIO, POTENTIAL OUTSIDER STUDIO STEPPING IN. MORE NEWS INSIDE!!" It gotta almost be as juicy as the Kojima locked in the offices of Konami drama :ohlawd:
I hate those so much. “So and so DESTROYS so and so”. I automatically dont read/watch when i see them bullshyt titles.