I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
:blessed::blessed::blessed:

Another W for Canada

o-420-VANCOUVER-MARIJUANA-570.jpg

Federal Health Minister Jane Philpott dropped this little nugget of information on, of all days, April 20: legislation to legalize marijuana in Canada will be introduced in the spring of 2017.

Philpott made the announcement while in New York Wednesday, where she is leading the Canadian delegation to the United Nations General Assembly special session on drugs.

"I am proud to stand up for our drug policy that is informed by solid scientific evidence and uses a lens of public health to maximize education and minimize harm," she said.

"As a doctor, who has worked both in Canada and sub-Saharan Africa, I have seen too many people suffer the devastating consequences of drugs, drug-related crime and ill-conceived drug policy. Fortunately, solutions are within our grasp."

She conceded the change “challenges the status quo in many countries,” but said Canada’s government is convinced it is the best way to protect the youth and enhance public safety.

Canada will continue to “modernize” its approach to drugs, she said, to embrace among other things compassionate treatment and harm reduction.

Countless lives are cut short due to overdoses of licit and illicit substances. Today, I stand before you as Canada's minister of health to acknowledge that we must do better for our citizens."

Legal Pot Bill Coming Next Spring, Health Minister Announces

A77AYOr.gif

full

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
wait,
thought Canada was the only Northern Hemisphere location this side of the pond with coffee shops like Amsterdam has?

Canada been legalized weed a little right?

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
wait,
thought Canada was the only Northern Hemisphere location this side of the pond with coffee shops like Amsterdam has?

They've started operating those shops out west in BC (home of the BC bud) where cops just turn a blind eye. But it won't officially be legal until this bill passes

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
wait,

Dunno about all over, but as far as I know it's decriminalized in my province. I think they can arrest you if you got a certain amount and if they catch you smoking it outside. Not entirely sure.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Meh I have 20 shops within a 20 mile radius and I'm not even in LA. :smoker: Pot has been de-facto legal for the end user in my state since 96.

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Meh I have 20 shops within a 20 mile radius and I'm not even in LA. :smoker: Pot has been de-facto legal for the end user in my state since 96.

Explain that to the 700 000 Americans that got arrested for possession in 2014

Marijuana Legalization 2015: US Pot Arrests Increased In 2014 With 1 Every 45 Seconds, FBI Data Show

Even as many U.S. states continue to reform and ease legislation governing the use of marijuana, both medicinal and recreational, enforcement of laws against the drug's use has apparently hardened. Nearly 701,000 people were arrested in 2014 for marijuana-related offenses, which means roughly one arrest for pot every 45 seconds,data from the FBI shows, according to Marijuana Majority, a group promoting reform of marijuana laws.

Those 700,993 marijuana arrests last year were up more than 7,000 from the year before. Nearly 90 percent of all marijuana arrests in 2014 were attributed solely to possession of the drug, though the average amount of weed for those possession charges was immediately unclear

:scustmax:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Explain that to the 700 000 Americans that got arrested for possession in 2014

Marijuana Legalization 2015: US Pot Arrests Increased In 2014 With 1 Every 45 Seconds, FBI Data Show

Even as many U.S. states continue to reform and ease legislation governing the use of marijuana, both medicinal and recreational, enforcement of laws against the drug's use has apparently hardened. Nearly 701,000 people were arrested in 2014 for marijuana-related offenses, which means roughly one arrest for pot every 45 seconds,data from the FBI shows, according to Marijuana Majority, a group promoting reform of marijuana laws.

Those 700,993 marijuana arrests last year were up more than 7,000 from the year before. Nearly 90 percent of all marijuana arrests in 2014 were attributed solely to possession of the drug, though the average amount of weed for those possession charges was immediately unclear

:scustmax:
I don't care about "Americans". I care about my local community. No one is going to jail for pot here. I got my medical card---40 bucks and a nice day in venice beach--Zero risk. Anything else?