40 gotta be one of the last New Producers who are actually students of music.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I look at OVO as a Camp honestly so I may be giving 40 too much credit. Doesnt 40 more so go more for samples than Boi-1da?
No that's Frank Dukes.
It goes like this. Frank Dukes is the sample God, he finds the sample and touches it. Which gives 40 and Boi-1da an idea of what they want to do with it. Then they go to work and flip it

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What you don't understand is most of these superproducers have REAL students of music digging through the crates for them then they just buy the CD with a bunch of HQ samples. All of them do it from Timbaland, Ye, 40. The real guys with the ear are the guys you'll never hear their names. One of them is a good friend of mine and he digs and compiles samples and breaks for all your favorite producers. All they do is go through the CD and pick the samples they like and flip it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What you don't understand is most of these superproducers have REAL students of music digging through the crates for them then they just buy the CD with a bunch of HQ samples. All of them do it from Timbaland, Ye, 40. The real guys with the ear are the guys you'll never hear their names. One of them is a good friend of mine and he digs and compiles samples and breaks for all your favorite producers. All they do is go through the CD and pick the samples they like and flip it.

Not surprising, Timbaland was Devante Swings guy for a while. It makes sense, doubt once these guys go big they are spending all their time on youtube and stuff.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

is that lucrative for your boy?

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

It's not as lucrative as it should be. The sounds this guy has amaze me. If I knew how to produce I would be a beast just off his shyt alone. He charges anywhere from 1-3k per CD but to me they should be sold for way more. Also, there aren't that many producers willing to pay that kind of premium so his pool of customers is very small. When you factor in the time it takes to actually find the perfect samples and put them all together, it's not really that much money. That's why the people that really do it for the love are the ones who don't get paid and their names will never really be known. He's been signed to Bad Boy and LaFace as a producer but now he just works with local artists, but dude is a legit genius. He just doesn't have the patience to deal with the industry after getting fukked over so many times.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

It's not as lucrative as it should be. The sounds this guy has amaze me. If I knew how to produce I would be a beast just off his shyt alone. He charges anywhere from 1-3k per CD but to me they should be sold for way more. Also, there aren't that many producers willing to pay that kind of premium so his pool of customers is very small. When you factor in the time it takes to actually find the perfect samples and put them all together, it's not really that much money. That's why the people that really do it for the love are the ones who don't get paid and their names will never really be known. He's been signed to Bad Boy and LaFace as a producer but now he just works with local artists, but dude is a legit genius. He just doesn't have the patience to deal with the industry after getting fukked over so many times.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So we are going to ignore 9th wonder? Terrance Martin? Statik Selektah?

Tons of producers don't sample at all because of the costs associated with it. Not because they are not 'students of the game' or something.
What about NEW producers do you not get?

40 ain't just a "beat maker"

He's up there with the Just Blaze's of the world IMO.