41% Of New York Residents Say They Can No Longer Afford To Live There

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps

I was gonna say...that commute isn't too, too, too bad if he was going to Staten Island. That's like a good hour and 40 minutes, and I know people that do commutes like that.

But going from Philly to Manhattan (or any of them other boroughs), that's a hell naw. Anything over 2 hours ain't worth it at all.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They been in Philly but like you said it's getting fukking worst. In neighborhoods like Fairmount Francisville construction houses and condos for millions of dollars. One zip code had over 500 house/condos constructions in half a year. Then you have a lot of rich New Yorkers buying and living like Russell Simmons Brothers Jay Z long time account chick who got a bakery on 20th and Green.

I lived in DC before and I saw the gradual change to it becoming completely gentrified. I see the same happening here. I don’t even know whose filling the units because jobs in Philly don’t pay as well as jobs in NYC and DC. There’s a lot of old money and wealthy families in the Main Line, Chester County and Bucks but the high powered tech and finance jobs aren’t here in the same abundance

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
:umad:

Once I can't afford to live in NYC anymore boubt come though North Carolina like

tenor.gif

Y'all already made Charlotte and Raleigh too damn expensive for most. :ufdup:
Fix your problems in NY first. :ufdup:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Too late. They are already raising the cost of living in major cities in the South and making it overcrowded and they don't care about the fact they are pushing the natives down here further out to the rural areas. :picard:

Y'all already made Charlotte and Raleigh too damn expensive for most. :ufdup:
Fix your problems in NY first. :ufdup:
Y'all southerners better get prepared to move to Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and all those flyover states. We migrating and raising those rents :mjpls:.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Best post in this thread.

This is not a NYC problem, it’s a cities problem.

Moving to Dallas, Houston,Atlanta etc is cool and all, but don’t think people who are low skill workers will find better options in those places.

Even people who are higher wage earners may find out it really ain’t that much cheaper down here. Especially if you want to live in the city and not the burbs.

EXACTLY.

I live in the Carolinas and it's not even like we're getting the best of the best down here from up North. It's all rejects that bring nothing but crime and a high cost of living with them.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Y'all southerners better get prepared to move to Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and all those flyover states. We migrating and raising those rents :mjpls:.

A lot of us down South own our properties and not letting these hipsters ruin our cities. It'll be a battle for y'all. :mjgrin:
Plus if you can't make it in NY, what makes you think you'll be less of a loser in the South?:usure:

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Sound like trump :mjpls:

I don't care. With the cost of living going up because of Northerners in our major cities, they are pushing people who are form those major cities out.

nikka it's a shyt load of druggie cacs coming down here in droves too, :mjpls:

Exactly. These White folks aren't he "best ones," they are people with drug issues and other issues that get dropped off here for various reasons and they never go back home up North. So then they create crime in areas down South that were once nice.