5/4/24: PBC on PRIME/DAZN PPV: Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia (Undisputed Super Middleweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
When have you ever seen Benavidez fight a puncher, to know what he will do? All that punches in bunches, has been against opponents thats light in the ass. Ever think for a sec, why you haven't seen him in there with any?
I mean it could happen-- as soon as Canelo is open to it. That post fight interview confirmed he's not :francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean it could happen-- as soon as Canelo is open to it. That post fight interview confirmed he's not :francis:

he is if you give 200 million dollars :dead:

The saudis are lunatics but at that point I'd just give 10 other nikkas 20 mill each and have an insane card offa that

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Like I told people. 500 cashapp bet on the table for anyone who wants it. Canelo baptizing that boy
IMG-8951.jpg

I want to know breh, why would Canelo vs Mungia be a harder fight for Canelo than if he fights Benevidez?

What advantages does Mungia have over Benavidez?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I want to know breh, why would Canelo vs Mungia be a harder fight for Canelo than if he fights Benevidez?

What advantages does Mungia have over Benavidez?
Stronger chin. More awkward style. Throws punches at different angles. He's just a tougher fighter to read for canelo. David is long which gives canelo more time to see the openings.

David lunges too much and he's not physically strong enough to back canelo up. So canelo will sit in the pocket and kill him on the inside. Nobody has ever dug to David's body like canelo will. And we already know David's mid section is mush. After that body starts giving out, the head gonna follow. Just don't think David has the firepower or the chin. He's an accumulation guy. And landing accumulation on canelo is one of the toughest tasks in boxing.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Stronger chin. More awkward style. Throws punches at different angles. He's just a tougher fighter to read for canelo. David is long which gives canelo more time to see the openings.

David lunges too much and he's not physically strong enough to back canelo up. So canelo will sit in the pocket and kill him on the inside. Nobody has ever dug to David's body like canelo will. And we already know David's mid section is mush. After that body starts giving out, the head gonna follow. Just don't think David has the firepower or the chin. He's an accumulation guy. And landing accumulation on canelo is one of the toughest tasks in boxing.

If only Canelo and his team believed it would be as easy as you making it seem fight would have been ages ago:mjcry:

Jerz

All Star
Daps

Until then - he should keep staying away from guys that can crack huh. Don't get exposed before the Canelo payday :mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

I think you're going by a younger Benevidez with this analysis. Yeah he was more of that slimmed down accumulation puncher against Dirrell or Kyron Davis pre-2022. Dude would throw like a 8 punch combination and like 60/70 punches per round

Sounds like you may have not watched his last 2 fights with Caleb Plant and Andrade, but he did a complete 180 on his style. Dude has a way more calculated pressure, has an improved jab, improved defense, disguised right hands, and does not throw 8 punch combinations anymore. He works alot with GGG and you can see that spill over into his current style. This is why alot of people were telling Canelo to get Benavidez early, because he's only going to get better as time goes on

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I think you're going by a younger Benevidez with this analysis. Yeah he was more of that slimmed down accumulation puncher against Dirrell or Kyron Davis pre-2022. Dude would throw like a 8 punch combination and like 60/70 punches per round

Sounds like you may have not watched his last 2 fights with Caleb Plant and Andrade, but he did a complete 180 on his style. Dude has a way more calculated pressure, has an improved jab, improved defense, disguised right hands, and does not throw 8 punch combinations anymore. He works alot with GGG and you can see that spill over into his current style. This is why alot of people were telling Canelo to get Benavidez early, because he's only going to get better as time goes on
I just wasn't that impressed with his performances against plant and Andrade. He was getting boxed up by plant early. Wasn't up on single card after 6 rounds. He was getting lit up by Andrade at times too but Andrade just has zero durability. David has definitely improved but he's still very hittable and squares himself up often. I Think Canelo's experience and power will be the difference.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I just wasn't that impressed with his performances against plant and Andrade. He was getting boxed up by plant early. Wasn't up on single card after 6 rounds. He was getting lit up by Andrade at times too but Andrade just has zero durability. David has definitely improved but he's still very hittable and squares himself up often. I Think Canelo's experience and power will be the difference.

Being outboxed isn't the end all be all. Matias gets routinely outboxed. And in Canelo's last 4-5 fights, is he even outboxing anyone? He has more of a playing possum counter-punching style at this stage of his career. Like in this fight tonight, allowing Mungia to land clean shots on him, basically Canelo taking 8 shots to land 2, so Canelo can find a perfect punch. Not sure that works if he faces Benavidez

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Jim Gray: "So you fighting David Benavidez"

This man Canelo said "If the money right....im mexican i can do what I want"... LOOOOL
Wow… looks like Mexicans gotta band together and stop paying for Canelo fights until he actually fights Benavidez.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Being outboxed isn't the end all be all. Matias gets routinely outboxed. And in Canelo's last 4-5 fights, is he even outboxing anyone? He has more of a playing possum counter-punching style at this stage of his career. Like in this fight tonight, allowing Mungia to land clean shots on him, basically Canelo taking 8 shots to land 2, so Canelo can find a perfect punch. Not sure that works if he faces Benavidez
Didn't see canelo taking 8 shots to land 2. I seen him ducking 8 to land 2. Mungia landed some decent shots but canelo rolled with a lot of em. Thought his defense looked great after 4 rounds. He was being too cocky early. He won't do that with David.

He gonna let David work and pick him apart inside like he does everybody else. Don't think David can win a fire fight. Just think canelo is tougher honestly. David needs room to work. Canelo is better in small quarters.