5 MIC Rap Songs that will never be topped...best of the genre

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Ok, My Mind Playing Tricks On Me is classic thru and thru. A tale of basically having to watch your back in retaliation for what you did to someone. Easy topic and concept to follow for even the most casual rap fan. Which is why I think it's a perfect 10/10 record. Scarface is horrifyingly descriptive of his anxiety and panic attacks in his verses. Popping in the clip when the wind blows every 20 seconds got me peeping out my window. Story-telling genius right here. Sets the mood perfectly and clearly paints a vivid picture of what he's experiencing. It's god-tier emceeing and I don't see how he could be better on this song. Then Willie D comes through with another classic verse "I make big money, I buy big cars, it's like everyone knows me I'm a movie star". Catchy, flashy, and comedy all in one verse. "Here they comes just like I figured//I got my hand on the motherfukking trigger//what I saw make your ass start giggling//Three blind, crippled, and crazy senior citizens. Scarface is so nice on this record he needed 2 verses. "I often drift when I drive//having fatal thoughts of suicide//bang and get it over with//and then I'm worry-free but that's bullshyt//I got a little boy to look after//and if I die then my child be a b*stard" That introspection that he has when contemplating taking his own life is priceless. Then Bushwick Bill brings it home with another classic verse..."This year Halloween fell on a weekend///Me and Geto Boys are trick or treating"..does it get more classic than this.

Pete Rock put his foot in this beat. Jazzy as hell this is a top hip hop song for a reason. The instrumental alone makes it top 10 all time. I remember falling in love with this song playing NBA Street on Playstation 2. Again more story-telling something that is so desperately missing from hip hop these days. CL Smooth is dedicating this song to a deceased friend. Takes us through his childhood, rearing, and upbringing. The thing is he's being detailed and catchy. "The birth of a child on the 8th of October//A toast, but my granddaddy came sober/Countin' all the fingers and the toes/Now I suppose you hope the little black boy grows" I'm always in the mood for this song.

Quite possibly the best 2 minutes of rap ever. Method Man and Redman slayed this joint. Never noticed that Method Man didn't wait for the beat to drop to start his verse. Perfect Imperfections...I do remember wishing this song was longer. Cool to know that there is an extended version out there. Just good ole fashioned great rhyming, bravado, and lyricism here. "Surfin' the avenue//mad at you//where i used to battle crews//back when Antoinette had that attitude". "Don't condone//spend bank loans on homegrown//suckers break like Turbo and Ozone//when i grab the broom moon-walk platoon hawk, my goons bark//leave you in a blue lagoon lost" Song is just pure fire.

Greetings earthling...the best duo in rap giving you some good home-cooked southern rap that will for sure give you the 'itis". It's that good man doesn't get any better than these 2, which is why people miss them so much. "Cooler than most players claim to be, a nikka that's from the A-Town see the home of Bankhead Bounce"...who remembers this classic dance? lol "Every time I rhyme for y'all I'm looking to prove a point//kicking a freestyle every now and then, but mostly after a joint...see I smoke good cause see it go good with them flows boy"...Big Boi is flowing his ass off just connecting time and time again line after line. "I'm sick of these wack ass rappers like I'm tired of hoes in chokers". Andre spits one of the best verses in rap telling a story. "This ol' Sucka MC stepped up to me//challeneged Andre to a battle and I stood there patiently//as he spit and stumbled over cliches so-called freestyling//whole purpose just to make me feel Lil I guess he's wilding//and I say look boy I ain't for that fukk shyt for fukk this//let me explain to you on a child style so you don't miss//I grew up to myself not around no park pench//just nikkas busting flows off in apartments//. Definitely feel like Andre verse was a continuation of his speech at The Source awards saying The South has something to say. His way of responding to the east coast. "At the exit with a sign saying "We'll rap for food"...This is hip hop royalty people that say bad things about Outkast...being pop or not hip hop are idiots. You don't get more hip hop than this.

This beat is fukking ridiculous man. I can listen to just the beat on repeat but the song jams. I love the storytelling of Fat Lip on this one. "I must admit on some occasions I went out like a punk or a chump.." Dude's whole verse is about how he used to get picked on and beat up but realizes he can't keep running away from scraps in life. Cool life lesson that anyone can relate to. Great story-telling by Fat Lip. "There comes a time in every man's life where he's gotta handle shyt up on his own"... Such an awesome song where are the rap singles like this today? 1995 You could get radio play doing something like this. Amazing song.

The best song out of the SWISHAHOUSE era was this classic right here. Slim Thug sets it off with a crazy verse "Blowing on that indo//Gamecube Nintendo//5 % tint so you can't see up in my window//these nikkas don't understand me because I'm Boss Hogg on candy//top down at Mex's wit a big Glock 9 handy"....Love this verse to death wouldn't change anything about it. Mike Jones comes right behind him with more flames..." Like Do or Die, I'm Po Pimping//Car Stop, rims keep spinning//I'm flipping drop with invisible tops//Hoes bop when my drop step out"...Yes Mike Jones "It Takes Grinding to be a King". This song birthed the "Back Then" line. Another perfect verse. Paul Wall comes through and closes it out perfectly. "What it do? It's Paul Wall I'm the people's champ//My chain light up like a lamp//cause now I'm back with the camp//I'm crawling similar to an ant cause I'm low to the earth//people's feelings get hurt when they figure out what I'm worth" This is a southern rap classic..pay homage.

Feel free to add and explain why the songs are 5mic...10/10...perfect hip hop songs.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes

Its difficult as a 93 baby to understand Hip Hop and it’s time periods…We grow up hearing Big Daddy Kane then Tupac then Mase or Juvenile and it paints a very blurry picture of what the mini eras sounded like. Something about this song and the way they delivered it makes me say emphatically this is what Hip Hop sounded like when I was born and I can’t say that with anything else.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Only agree with the first two songs.

Would add
Microphone Fiend by Rakim

Just raw and smooth at the same time. perfection of lyrics and music.

I grabbed the mic and try say yes y'all
They tried to take it and say that I'm too small
Cool, cause I don't get upset
I kick a hole in the speaker, pull the plug then I jet

Rakim blew my mind because I couldn't wrap my head around rappers being this good at the beginning stages of rap. I was like man these dudes were rappin' better than y'all back in the 80s. Rakim is a true technician who took his craft very seriously. I need to read that book he put out I really want to understand his thought process of putting lyrics together. I plan to post a few Rakim joints as well this is definitely a good one bro.

The first 2 songs are undeniable then I slipped in some joints that people may have something to say about, but it's cool that everyone has their opinion.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I grabbed the mic and try say yes y'all
They tried to take it and say that I'm too small
Cool, cause I don't get upset
I kick a hole in the speaker, pull the plug then I jet

Rakim blew my mind because I couldn't wrap my head around rappers being this good at the beginning stages of rap. I was like man these dudes were rappin' better than y'all back in the 80s. Rakim is a true technician who took his craft very seriously. I need to read that book he put out I really want to understand his thought process of putting lyrics together. I plan to post a few Rakim joints as well this is definitely a good one bro.

The first 2 songs are undeniable then I slipped in some joints that people may have something to say about, but it's cool that everyone has their opinion.
The thing I always say about Rakim, is the greatest compliment.

Artists who came after him point to his era or before and point out other artists who inspired them to become rappers. Rakim inspired people to NOT become rappers.
MFers ripped up their rhyme books after hearing him, knowing they would never be as good as him.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps

Its difficult as a 93 baby to understand Hip Hop and it’s time periods…We grow up hearing Big Daddy Kane then Tupac then Mase or Juvenile and it paints a very blurry picture of what the mini eras sounded like. Something about this song and the way they delivered it makes me say emphatically this is what Hip Hop sounded like when I was born and I can’t say that with anything else.

Feel good Jam that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of 93 til infinity. Certain songs are just able to capture a time period perfectly.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
As far as raps that talk about the ladies we got this banger:

This one has it all... an incredible soulful beat with an Aretha Franklin and a Gregory Isaacs sample. Add some great storytelling with memorable punchlines ("Ass so fat that you could see it from the front" and a very relatable moral.

ILLMMORTAL

THE ILLEST
Daps
Reppin
THE MOST OUTTER REACHES OF THE COSMOS

Absolutely!