5 years ago. Sunday, July 17, 2011

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Witnessed one of the greatest matches in WWE history :banderas:First WWE match to get 5 stars since '97. Perfect build up and perfect match between Based Phil and Big Match John.

Not only that, MiTB featured a really good Orton/Christian feud, one of the last good storylines on SmackDown (other than Hall of Pain and rise of Bryan)

Speaking of Bryan

Speaking of Henry

Hasn't been a non-Mania PPV since this one. Show was so good it bumped MiTB into the Big 4.

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One of the last great pay per view events they made. This was supposed to be the next watershed moment in the company, where it could be used as a book mark of everything changing. Everything that night unfolded as it should have, or at least did so in a manner that nobody should have complained. Then they blew it all a month later :snoop:. The crowd from the entrances to the final bell that night was incredible. Still mad about this. Punk and Bryan were gonna keep us fed for the next 5-8 years.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
One of the last great pay per view events they made. This was supposed to be the next watershed moment in the company, where it could be used as a book mark of everything changing. Everything that night unfolded as it should have, or at least did so in a manner that nobody should have complained. Then they blew it all a month later :snoop:. The crowd from the entrances to the final bell that night was incredible. Still mad about this. Punk and Bryan were gonna keep us fed for the next 5-8 years.

Only other show to give me that "new era" feeling was WM30. Bryan reached the top, Cesarp was supposed to be the next big star, The Shield got their second mania win and the streak broke, but just like MiTB, they killed the momentum not too long after.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Only other show to give me that "new era" feeling was WM30. Bryan reached the top, Cesarp was supposed to be the next big star, The Shield got their second mania win and the streak broke, but just like MiTB, they killed the momentum not too long after.
The streak ending wasn't a good thing though. A legit big draw was ended and no mid card title was on the card. Bryan and Cesaro on the other hand definitely came out looking like stars. The shield was in a squash though (:martin:) and Wyatt was fed to super cena (:snoop: ). They'd also driven punk away by that point so that kinda has a bit of a shadow hanging over it I think. The fact that they broke up the shield that soon as well as putting no effort into their mid card titles that summer was cringe worthy.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The streak ending wasn't a good thing though. A legit big draw was ended and no mid card title was on the card. Bryan and Cesaro on the other hand definitely came out looking like stars. The shield was in a squash though (:martin:) and Wyatt was fed to super cena (:beli:)

No the streak ending wasn a good thing but it did have that feeling of "ok end of an era, beginning of a new one). I wish the Shield match was longer but all in all, I think WWE could've capitalized on the momentum coming out of Mania, they put Bryan in a feud with Kane for god sakes

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No the streak ending wasn a good thing but it did have that feeling of "ok end of an era, beginning of a new one). I wish the Shield match was longer but all in all, I think WWE could've capitalized on the momentum coming out of Mania, they put Bryan in a feud with Kane for god sakes
The fact that Orton and Batista were clear heels that could have challenged at extreme rules and didn't was absurd. They could have slowly built evolution vs the shield. Huge blown opportunity same way they rushed evolution turning on Orton in 2004.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The fact that Orton and Batista were clear heels that could have challenged at extreme rules and didn't was absurd. They could have slowly built evolution vs the shield. Huge blown opportunity same way they rushed evolution turning on Orton in 2004.

Speaking of rushing things, they brought back Punk way too early, when he returned I did mark out mostly because he was using his old ROH theme but they could've made it more legit by keeping him off tv for at least a month and made a deal for him to appear in small promotions.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Speaking of rushing things, they brought back Punk way too early, when he returned I did mark out mostly because he was using his old ROH theme but they could've made it more legit by keeping him off tv for at least a month and made a deal for him to appear in small promotions.
You bring him back after the title match at summer slam. You hold a tournament that ends then. You certainly don't have him drop the title to a cash in, then lose a fukkery filled match next month while cena wins the title, then lose the triple threat next month, and then lose to the fukking miz that month before your title match is pushed to the undercard against a heel with no heat while a meaningless tag match headlines the show. They didn't even try to mask their sabotaging of him.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
MITB has the better crowd, Summerslam rematch was a better match. Anything involving Cena/Punk after that except for the the piledriver match on Raw an exercise in diminishing returns. Really amazing that two dudes who were both so uncoordinated (and unathletic in Punk's case) could turn out 2 matches of that quality.

~Styles~

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:My first time watching Cena vs Punk 2011 MITB so props for posting that, great story told with suspense in the match. Maybe wouldn't give it 5 stars because of a couple semi-botches throughout. Might be the best sell I've heard from Michael Cole.

Face Jerry Lawler might be one of the biggest fall offs of all time and might be the main reason I stopped watching :scust:

To hear Michael Cole ask Lawler how many World Titles he won, and then for Lawler to just say lets get back to these guys like a lil bytch is upsetting :mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
MITB has the better crowd, Summerslam rematch was a better match. Anything involving Cena/Punk after that except for the the piledriver match on Raw an exercise in diminishing returns. Really amazing that two dudes who were both so uncoordinated (and unathletic in Punk's case) could turn out 2 matches of that quality.

Nah, when there's chemistry, crowd heat and knowledge on how to tell a story it doesn't matter how psychically limited the wrestlers are.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Punk a real athlete

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
WWE did everything right that night. I still get goosebumps when I watch that punk entrance.

Nah, when there's chemistry, crowd heat and knowledge on how to tell a story it doesn't matter how psychically limited the wrestlers are.

Hogan vs Rock at mania is a perfect example. Hogan could barely move and the crowd was with them that entire match. Hell even Sting vs Hogan at Bound for Glory a few years back.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana

To an extent. Cena and Punk are straight up clumsy, and Punk is a dude who was always trying shyt way beyond his physical capabilities. It's amazing the matches went as smoothly as they did considering it wasn't like they were just doing test of strength spots and taunting for 25 mins.

Punk a real athlete

:mjlol:

WWE did everything right that night. I still get goosebumps when I watch that punk entrance.

Hogan vs Rock at mania is a perfect example. Hogan could barely move and the crowd was with them that entire match. Hell even Sting vs Hogan at Bound for Glory a few years back.

True carnies that know not to overstep the bounds of what they can do, and do it for maximum return. Unlike Punk, who was trying springboards and flips despite being as athletic and coordinated as a potato wedge.