50 Cent’s “Get Rich Or Die Tryin’” Certified Diamond In Australia + Earns 31 More Platinum & Gold ARIA Certifications

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
jKamsw7.jpg

l32X64U.png

Australia

Albums:

Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ – Diamond

The Massacre – 5x Platinum

Curtis – 1x Platinum

Singles:

In Da Club – 12x platinum

Candy Shop – 7x Platinum

P.I.M.P – 5x Platinum

21 Questions – 5x Platinum

Ayo Technology – 4x Platinum

Just A Lil Bit – 3x Platinum

Many Men (Wish Death) - 3x Platinum

Best Friend – 2x Platinum

Window Shopper – 2x Platinum

If I Can’t – 2x Platinum

I’m The Man – 1x Platinum

My Life – 1x Platinum

Outta Control – 1x Platinum

Disco Inferno – 1x Platinum

Straight To The Bank – 1x Platinum

Hustler’s Ambition – 1x Platinum

Patiently Waiting – 1x Platinum

Baby by Me – 1x Platinum

Get Up - Gold

Wanksta - Gold

I'll Still Kill - Gold

Hate It Or Love It Remix - Gold

When It Rains It Pours - Gold

What Up Gangsta - Gold

I Get Money - Gold

I'll Whip Ya Head Boy - Gold

G-Unit:

Beg For Mercy – 1x Platinum

Singles:

Poppin Them Thangs – 1x Platinum
Wanna Get To Know You - Gold

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Him going with Eminem is one of the smartest moves in rap history. White people everywhere love Eminem…specially overseas…and that’s 50’s guy and they all know that. 50 earned his rank but a lot of that overseas stardom can/could be attributed to the Eminem relationship, pause.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Him going with Eminem is one of the smartest moves in rap history. White people everywhere love Eminem…specially overseas…and that’s 50’s guy and they all know that. 50 earned his rank but a lot of that overseas stardom can/could be attributed to the Eminem relationship, pause.
Ehhh :patrice:, 50 was one of the BIGGEST phenomena ever seen in music, if you say eminem gave him the runway/resources/gameplan/team to cultivate I can understand but people was fukking with 50 before the affiliation, dude was creating the biggest buzz and his rollout was something I still have never seen.

Plus 50 was NEVER scared of work and had an understanding of grind/business that very few are willing to put in work, I remember reading interviews he was already overseas while reading scripts and the reporter asked him why when lloyd banks n yayo were with girls and he said something to affect "I know I have a limited window to maximize my opportunity and I need to take full advantage while I can" Those fans overseas fukk with him because he grinded it out and went and worked that leg, you know how many artist are lazy to even tour america? You know how many look down on touring overseas or try to downplay it, this man doing multiple shows..

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about all that.

If it were that easy, Obie Trice would've sold more than Gold on his debut the same year as 50. And Royce would be a household name too.

Plus, all the members of D12 flopped on their solo music.

50 had a lot of elements that made him a natural star. His song structure was strong despite not being an overly lyrical rapper and he had a marketable look and brand.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If it were that easy, Obie Trice would've sold more than Gold on his debut the same year as 50. And Royce would be a household name too.

50 had a lot of elements that made him a natural star. His song structure was strong despite not being an overly lyrical rapper and he had a marketable look and brand.
No question…50 was thru the roof before Eminem and them came, I was right there…I’m just saying globally, the Eminem association really really helped him out, then and now. Him and Yayo have both mentioned how much it helped 50 with the global market

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
No question…50 was thru the roof before Eminem and them came, I was right there…I’m just saying globally, the Eminem association really really helped him out, then and now. Him and Yayo have both mentioned how much it helped 50 with the global market
I agree that Eminem helped gave him mainstream/global recognition. 50 himself said that.

But him sustaining that global/mainstream appeal was his own doing. Royce put out a whole collab album with Eminem at one point and he's a still a nobody to people who don't listen to rap. It's kinda like Dre and Snoop. Dre's production on Doggystyle/Chronic helped Snoop blow up but Snoop's popularity over the years was based on his own brand.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Maybe, but Mr Porter has a great career as a producer and two of the members of D12 still tour Europe and doing decently in the European/Australian/Asian market.