50 vs Jay :Who had the Better Lesbian mother line....

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
"Mama had four kids, but she's a lesbian / Had to pretend so long that she's a thespian / Had to hide in the closet, so she medicate / Society shame and the pain was too much to take."

Growing up I was confused my mamma kissin a girl/ confusion occurs growing up in a cold world/ daddy aint around prolly out committing felonies//my favorite rapper used to say check check out m melody

Both rappers take a stab at airing out personal family details to the backdrop of a rough society. Who pulled it off the best......personally I like the simplicity of 50's delivery. His line is more memorable and heartfelt to me.

The Exchanges

All Star
Daps
Probably jay z since it went into more detail.

It provokes more thought about being homosexual during that time.

50 touched on it as well but was mostly about what type of home and environment he grew up in.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
50 easily. It was a signature line on a signature song on a signature album. Fit perfectly within the context of the arrangement. Just naturally flowed. Effortlessly dropped a personal gem, and you could still dance to it.

A greater display of overall musicality, IMO.

50 put his foot in that Game album. His execution of arrangements and hooks and lyric delivery during that time was top notch.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
50 easily. It was a signature line on a signature song on a signature album. Fit perfectly within the context of the arrangement. Just naturally flowed. Effortlessly dropped a personal gem, and you could still dance to it.

50 put his foot in that Game album. His execution of arrangements and hooks and lyric delivery during that time was top notch.

Agreed.
That was peak 50.
He would have made several more HITS with game. :francis:

Daps
"Mama had four kids, but she's a lesbian / Had to pretend so long that she's a thespian / Had to hide in the closet, so she medicate / Society shame and the pain was too much to take."

Growing up I was confused my mamma kissin a girl/ confusion occurs growing up in a cold world/ daddy aint around prolly out committing felonies//my favorite rapper used to say check check out m melody

Both rappers take a stab at airing out personal family details to the backdrop of a rough society. Who pulled it off the best......personally I like the simplicity of 50's delivery. His line is more memorable and heartfelt to me.

I think there's another point that reinforces 50's lines as more powerful: the time, and era. Rappers in 2005 touched in subjects nowere near close as sexuality of themselves or family members... we live in a more "open" era to these topics, but adding what you said, with the time that it was said, it made it even better... back then people was confused as fukk, while today praises jay for doing it

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
I think there's another point that reinforces 50's lines as more powerful: the time, and era. Rappers in 2005 touched in subjects nowere near close as sexuality of themselves or family members... we live in a more "open" era to these topics, but adding what you said, with the time that it was said, it made it even better... back then people was confused as fukk, while today praises jay for doing it
plus it was on one of the hottest songs of that year..the first line to a classic, hit record