[6/11] A Coronation of Omega Proportions: New Japan Pro Wrestling Dominion 2017

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's once again time for the best wrestling promotion in the world to do what they do best :blessed:

DBISW16UAAAmKtm.jpg

Silkk

Daps
NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Title
Gauntlet Match
BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA vs Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page, & Yujiro Takahashi vs Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, & YOSHI-HASHI vs Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Juice Robinson, Ricochet, & Ryusuke Taguchi.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Roppongi Vice vs The Young Bucks.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
War Machine vs The Guerrillas of Destiny.

Special Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs Cody.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA.

NEVER Openweight Title
Lumberjack Deathmatch
Minoru Suzuki vs Hirooki Goto.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi.

C_CEiaoUMAAezig.jpg

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega.

admin-ajax.png

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Will the Intercontinental belt actually survive until Naito's entrance for this event? :lupe:

I don't know if Cocaine Kenneth wins, but they give us a :ohlawd:match, regardless.

Silkk

Daps
Will the Intercontinental belt actually survive until Naito's entrance for this event? :lupe:

I don't know if Cocaine Kenneth wins, but they give us a :ohlawd:match, regardless.
I don't see how both titles DON'T change hands

And going forward they need to make Okada go for the IC strap or something, dude's stranglehold on the top belt has been super annoying

Juice Willis

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
VA
So I've been out of the loop since Wrestle Kingdom. I've seen a ton of negativity re: Okada's current reign, people seem overwhelmingly down on it - Can someone fill me in on actual reasons behind this? Like legit reasons, I get it if you're just not a fan of his to begin with but I'm curious why this run in particular seems to be annoying the majority of fans. He had so much more support when he was chasing Tanahashi - is it the Naito factor?

Silkk

Daps
So I've been out of the loop since Wrestle Kingdom. I've seen a ton of negativity re: Okada's current reign, people seem overwhelmingly down on it - Can someone fill me in on actual reasons behind this? Like legit reasons, I get it if you're just not a fan of his to begin with but I'm curious why this run in particular seems to be annoying the majority of fans. He had so much more support when he was chasing Tanahashi - is it the Naito factor?
I think it's just played, he's put on some GREAT matches but it feels like he's been on top for the last three years straight and the belt ALWAYS comes back to him.

He need to go do something else for a while

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

IMO - it's easy to support the underdog. When they become the franchise - it's a different story.:yeshrug:

I'm curious about who sells the most merch for NJPW :jbhmm: I imagine Tana, Bullet Club and Okada are all names that must be at the top of the list. If Okada's doing numbers, it makes sense to keep the strap on him.

Omega's signed until January next year, right?

Juice Willis

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
VA
IMO - it's easy to support the underdog. When they become the franchise - it's a different story.:yeshrug:

I'm curious about who sells the most merch for NJPW :jbhmm: I imagine Tana, Bullet Club and Okada are all names that must be at the top of the list. If Okada's doing numbers, it makes sense to keep the strap on him.

Omega's signed until January next year, right?

I feel like Ingobernables/Naito merch shot right up there with guys like Tana last year, no doubt they did once Naito got the strap