[6/26/22] AEW & NJPW Present: Forbidden Door PPV

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

As noted, New Japan Pro Wrestling and All Elite Wrestling will join forces for a supershow later this Summer. It will take place on June 26 at the United Center in Chicago and will be called, “Forbidden Door”.

Presale tickets for the event went on sale this morning and it is reportedly an instant sell-out, as seen in the images from WrestleTix below. “Well over 20,000 people” were in the ticket queue at some point this morning, with the website letting people in slowly until all available tickets were sold. It took around 40 minutes until every ticket that could be purchased was snagged.

It is expected that a limited amount of tickets will become available when they are open to the general public on Friday, May 6, at 11 a.m. EST. The arena is currently set up to hold around 14,000 fans, but it is possible limited view seats become available or they try to expand the seating map.

An AEW/New Japan Supershow is just the latest step in the partnership between the two sides, which began in February of 2021 with some NJPW stars appearing on AEW programming. Since then, talents from both companies have worked together on New Japan Strong, AEW Dynamite, Rampage, and other shows from both organizations.

AEW President and Founder, Tony Khan, recently explained in an interview that he will work closely with NJPW’s lead booker, Gedo, to build the event card. He promises dream matches that fans thought they’d never see at Forbidden Door.

“I certainly am going to work closely with Gedo in putting this card together,” Tony Khan said. “The two of us will have to decide who we can send from our respective companies, what the matches are gonna be, and we’ll make the best matches we can for the pro wrestling fans. They’re gonna be dream matches that people thought they’d never get to see.”

AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Presale Instantly Sells Out, Limited Seats Remaining - Wrestling Inc.

Full Card

Interim AEW World Championship
Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
Jay White (c) vs. Hangman Page vs. Kazuchika Okada

IWGP US Title
Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy

AEW Women's Championship
Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm

Winner Take All: ROH/IWGP Tag Team Championships on the line
FTR (c) vs. Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan (c) vs. Roppongi Vice

Inaugural AEW All-Atlantic Championship
PAC vs. Miro vs. Malakai Black vs. Clark Connors

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. ???????

Eddie Kingston, Shota Umino & Wheeler Yuta vs. Chris Jericho, Minoru Suzuki & Sammy Guevara

Dudes With Attitudes (Sting, Darby Allin, & Shingo Takagi) vs. Bullet Club (The Young Bucks & El Phantasmo w/Hikuleo)

Buy In Matches
Gunn Club (Billy, Colten, & Austin Gunn) & Max Caster vs. a NJPW Dojo team of The DKC, Kevin Knight, Alex Coughlin & Yuya Uemura

Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado

QT Marshall & Aaron Solo vs. Hirooki Goto and Yoshi-Hashi

Last edited:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Kenta vs Punk winner goes to sleep
Edit: this was good in theory, I feel the ppv should have been built up a lil better, matched are being throw together at the last minute...no explanation on how people were selected for the All Atlantic Tournament, a lot of the Guys Like Stark's Hobbs Swerve and Lee to name a few possibly not even being on the Ppv, only one woman's match...but yet it's plenty of japanese women wrestlers in AEW, a rushed battle royal, Injuries, Hardy getting arrested, a lot of stuff seems rushed, this past Dynamite (6/15/2022) was a hurry up and finish product...not one clean match

Not sure about how good this will do

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wish this was later in the year....a one month build up for a show like this leaves me skeptical

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd love to see Danielson get a singles match with someone like Ishii, were the politics wouldn't be a big deal. But they are most likely giving the BCC a six man tag against Suzuki, Sabre and someone that will take the fall.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd love to see Danielson get a singles match with someone like Ishii, were the politics wouldn't be a big deal. But they are most likely giving the BCC a six man tag against Suzuki, Sabre and someone that will take the fall.

Douki is somewhere giving this a nod of acceptance.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They better fukking not

Silkk

Daps
wish this was later in the year....a one month build up for a show like this leaves me skeptical
More 2 than one. And with the G1 right after they had to get it in here.

I just hope its not a bunch of BS tag team/multi man matches like War of the Worlds and Global Wars were the last few times they ran.

The first 2-3 were :wow:

Silkk

Daps
I know it's less than a 1% chance but I wonder if Cody will see if he can get involved in it :lupe:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I know it's less than a 1% chance but I wonder if Cody will see if he can get involved in it :lupe:

vince-mc-mahon-laugh.gif