6/29/2024 DAZN: Juan Francisco Estrada vs Jesse Bam Rodriguez (WBC Super Flyweight Title)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

ESTRADA AND RODRIGUEZ CLASH IN EPIC SHOWDOWN IN PHOENIX ON JUNE 29
‘Gallo’ defends WBC and Ring Magazine Super-Flyweight titles against ‘Bam’ at Footprint Center
One of the best fights in boxing is official – Juan Francisco Estrada will defend his WBC and Ring Magazine World Super-Flyweight titles against Jesse ‘Bam’ Rodriguez at Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday June 29, live worldwide on DAZN.

Estrada (44-3 28 KOs) steps back through the ropes to defend the title for the first time after beating old foe Roman ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez in the third installment of their epic trilogy in December 2022, a thrilling encounter he edged via majority decision in front of a packed crowd in Glendale, Arizona.

The 33 year old’s win over the Nicaraguan star made it 2-1 in his favor across their famous trilogy, and now the Mexican meets the hottest young champion in the game that has already claimed the scalps of two of the four modern-day Super-Flyweight kings.

Rodriguez (19-0 12 KOs) had his own epic night in the arena 30 minutes from downtown Phoenix venue that he’ll face ‘Gallo’, when he unified at Flyweight by stopping Sunny Edwards in the ninth round of a stunning performance in December.

The 24 year old will look to build upon that elite showing to try to wrestle back the title he won against Carlos Cuadras in February 2022 at the Footprint Center. ‘Bam’ successfully defended the title twice, first stopping Srisaket Sor Rungvisai in June in his San Antonio backyard, and then seeing off Israel Gonzalez in Las Vegas in September.

It’s a huge weekend for Mexican sports fans in Phoenix, with the national soccer team taking on Ecuador on Sunday in the Copa America at State Farm Stadium, and the clash between Estrada and Rodriguez promises to be one of the fights of the year as two pound-for-pound stars lock horns in a stunning battle.

“I’m very happy to announce my return against Bam Rodriguez,” said Estrada. “After my last victory against Chocolatito we took a good break and was able to spend quality time with my family and my kids and heal an injury I was dealing with.

“I will be more than ready since I know Rodriguez is a dangerous fighter, but in June it will be clear that there’s is plenty of ‘Gallo’ excitement to come.”

“Fighting for my fourth world title against a legend like ‘Gallo’ is huge,” said Rodriguez. “This is a fight I’ve been wanting for a while and I’m ready to prove myself once again.

“On June 29, you guys will see another special performance. AND THE NEW!”

“What a fight this is,” said promoter Eddie Hearn. “When the best fight the best, excitement is guaranteed - and there’s no doubt that these are two of the best fighters on the planet.

“There are so many plot lines for us all to get our teeth into in the build-up to this incredible clash – but when the bell goes, the talking will stop, and we will be treated to something very special. Both fighters are to be commended for taking on the challenge – will ‘Gallo’ prove too much too soon for Jesse, or can ‘Bam’ add Juan’s name to his already incredible CV?”

“Another blockbuster fight to add to our already unrivaled schedule”, said Alfie Sharman, VP DAZN. “Bam is not messing around; first he takes on and beats Sunny Edwards - one of the most avoided fighters in the sport – in December and now he faces a legend of the sport in June in Estrada. Do not miss this fight! Tune in live, June 29, only on DAZN”.

An announcement on ticket on-sale dates will be made soon.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
ADKq_NYE6V9P79GpnZR2d5QspRPhhQwSkQVCQ76h47po71DtRxQLjmqIb2UqlytvltraXnwCeKh2tL4cDQKD7zUgpx_j93ZcShLeMmStNAppfEQ8g72kYzLpYX8oe1pIhzcG5zuMnThOMKg6YyDCGI_3O1OAl9emFJ70ShA=s0-d-e1-ft
ADKq_Nbm2ZZIur6BXOZX5KFHcGITotqqIgtSCsKOGpTMxlMdkwRM3H7_xwTc4uMsC_EmmLoIe-yrJJWFYbgDXXX6QyMVIZPepf1WhuHYmBW5b-v-TEWcgxmGA30NteduBWrpEi8LSa4mhVjk53L9W00vJFEhWWGnml4o2Owp=s0-d-e1-ft
MERCADO AND ALI WORLD TITLE CLASH CONFIRMED FOR PHOENIX
Mexican defends WBC Super-Bantamweight crown against Somali-Briton on June 29
Yamileth Mercado will defend her WBC World Super-Bantamweight title against Ramla Ali at Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday June 29, live worldwide on DAZN.
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW AT TICKETMASTER.COM
Promoter Eddie Hearn revealed at a press conference for the event in Phoenix on Wednesday that talks were at an advanced stage for the fight and can now confirm a second World title battle on the card, topped by the blockbuster clash between Juan Francisco Estrada and Jesse Rodriguez for the WBC World and Ring Magazine Super-Flyweight titles.

Mercado (23-3 5 KOs) defends her title for the seventh time after winning the strap in November 2019 and will fight in the States for the just the second time in Phoenix, having taken on Amanda Serrano in Cleveland in August 2021. The long-reigning Mexican pitched a shut-out in her last defense in April in Tijuana, dominating Linda Laura Lecca over the ten round distance.

“I’m excited to fight in the United States,” said Mercado. “There are thousands of ‘paisanos’ who live in Arizona, I will give them a great fight, Mexican style. Ramla is a great fighter, but she will not take away my goal of unifying all the titles.”

“Mercado is currently the best female fighter of Mexico, and it is an honor to have her along with another of Mexico’s best fighters, Juan Francisco Estrada,” said Mercado’s promoter, Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Boxing.

Ali (9-1 2 KOs) enters her first World title bout full of confidence having gained sweet revenge over Julissa Guzman in her last outing in Monte Carlo in November. Ali was stopped by the Mexican in June in New Orleans, but Ali, who became the first fighter to represent Somalia in the 202 Olympics, outboxed her foe in the rematch and is thrilled to be getting the chance to land the coveted green and gold.

“It’s hard to articulate how much this means to me,” said Ali. “As an athlete and as a person you set yourself goals and challenges in your life and in your career. Some of them you meet and some of them you don’t. I’ve never really found any happiness or satisfaction so far in the milestones and achievements I’ve made. I truly feel that being crowned the WBC champion, which is something that I’ve always wanted since I picked up a pair of boxing gloves when I was 12 years old, finally gives me some peace in the long road of struggles that have gotten me to this point.

“Although I’ve found success both inside and outside the ring, I’ve actually had very few people in my life that have truly championed me and invested in me, be it time, money or energy. I’m eternally grateful to Eddie Hearn and Frank Smith for seeing the vision when so many didn’t. To Mauricio Sulaiman, a man who I owe this fight to and someone who has ensured that my dream can come true. And finally, to Kevin Rooney that fought like hell to make sure this deal got done so he can see that green and gold belt around my waist.”

Mercado vs. Ali is part of a stacked night of action in Phoenix topped by the mouthwatering clash between Estrada and Rodriguez, as former World champions Sunny Edwards and Adrian Curiel collide, and unbeaten duo Arturo Cardenas and Danny Barrios meet for the WBC Continental Americas Super-Bantamweight title.

“I’m delighted that we’ve been able to get this great fight over the line,” said Hearn. “Yamileth has reigned long as the WBC champion and is sure to have the fans on her side on June 29, but Ramla has always taken every challenge she’s faced head-on, and Phoenix will be no different.

“Our main event is one of the fights of the year, and the undercard is fantastic – this is going to be a night to remember in Arizona.”