6ix9ine's Music Career Is Over | HDD: Big Sean 110k, 6ix9ine 55k

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Regular people, females, little kids, internet nerds, gays, record label guys, interviewers, etc... having such disdain and hatred for people who snitch is still mind boggling to me, lol. Just because you are part of rap culture doesn't mean you're part of La Cosa Nostra, :russ:, this shyt is just music and you're just a fan of it, yall are not gangsters man.

He should be a wrap musically because his music is terrible...and because of the shyt with the minor, and punching on a woman like she's a man, nothing else should matter.

The snitching in and of itself didn’t turn people off though. It’s the fact that after he got out he went right back to doing the same stuff. If he would’ve snitched, but came out of prison humble and with a new attitude he would have gotten very little mainstream backlash (and he probably would have been able to transition fully into the pop lane). People are typically very forgiving and like a good comeback story.

But he came back promoting the same ignorance & trying to play the same villain role that he was doing before his prison stint, and that turned off anybody that would have still supported his career.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
HITS Daily Double

63% drop off from big Sean

79% drop off from 69

that shouldn’t happen like that if folks fukking with your in the streaming era

:picard:

He went from being number 4 allll the way to number 46. Drake’s “Scorpion” album charted higher then that...:dwillhuh:

Never seen no shyt like that before. When the industry is done with you they will make you turn to dust with a snap of their fingers. Word to Thanos..

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
it was the energy and visuals from his music videos before that really made him pop....can't front his old videos were hard....gritty classic nyc feel people needed....and he was co-signed by real Gs....

strip all that away now he has a soft lollipop image no one cares about.....next stop for 69 is the reality tv circuit then the inevitable fizzle

had a spark when you started :francis:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
The ratio of actual albums sold to streams for some of these (Rod Wave, Lil Baby, DaBaby, Polo G) is astounding. We're truly in a new era

Alot of people don't even release physical albums anymore, and buying a digital album is pretty much pointless.

Expect to see stream continue to outweigh album sales more and more for new artists. Remember their fans have only ever streamed music, buying whole albums is another world to them.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
When I saw clips of him passing out his new album on CD to people on Bedford Ave. in Williamsburg, BK like a random unsigned rapper "trying to make it" and people were turning them down...that lets me know it really is over.

:mjlol:

"Uhh...album"

:dead:

cf0.gif

I'm still laughing at this video. "Awbum" and that gif kept popping into my to my head randomly today. That thread shouldn't have gotten bushed :mjlol:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Alot of people don't even release physical albums anymore, and buying a digital album is pretty much pointless.

Expect to see stream continue to outweigh album sales more and more for new artists. Remember their fans have only ever streamed music, buying whole albums is another world to them.

Right but Tekashi's average fan is like 16 so you'd think he'd be doing well off streams

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since he is finished and can't even rap tough shyt no more if he wanted to, why don't all his former fans just switch over to Casanova? They are literally exactly the same rapper...and you can feel Casanova's shyt more for obvious reasons