8 episodes into Deadwood

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I binged 3 seasons in the last couple weeks. I've never had such difficulty comprehending dialog, it's like Shakespeare wrote a western. This is no knock, I absolutely love this show and I'm sad that it's over. Still need to watch the movie.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
it’s a solid series...very slow burn tho...I probably wouldn’t have kept watching if it weren’t for swearengen’s character...GOAT character imo
Shame bullock didn't put more work in. Wild Bill was fire. But yeah . . Ian McShane is incredible in this series and it's an absolute travesty that he didn't ever win a golden globe

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I watch everything with the closed captioning on nowadays, merely because I forgot to turn it off and couldn't be bothered to switch. Deadwood gets better if you watch it with captions. The dialogue is that rewarding where you want to pick up every word. Yet the show manages to avoid the pitfall of exposition being used as a crutch for plot movement. No internal monologues/soliloquies so that the viewer knows motivations or what to pay attention to. It's very similar to The Wire in how natural the conversations are.