Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Born in mid 80s so i was grateful to see a lot of 80s cartoons still being syndicated in the very early 90s especially when cartoon network started. So much piff they had back then. If u was around that time, which decade was better?

80s: Thundercats, Voltron, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles, Duck Tales, Transformers, GI Joe, Centurions, He Man, Gummi Bears, C.O.P.S, Smurfs, Snorks, Inspector Gadget, Dragon Ball, Ronin Warriors

90s: Batman TAS, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Gargolyes, Simpsons, Captain Planet, Dexters Lab, X-Men, Spider Man, Hey Arnold, Doug, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon

Its so hard breh. Im a 80s baby, but a 90s kid. I have to go with the 90s cuz u can actually rewatch a lot of the cartoons from that time. Some of the 80s cartoons just dont hold well.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
80s easy OG Ninja Turtles, GI Joe and Transformers crush the buildings….I was a teen in the 90s so I didn't watch the stuff on that list, kept for X Men, Simpsons, and some nick toons (Doug, Rugrats, Ren n Stimpy).

Daps
Reppin
San Antonio,TX
90s easy. yall :flabbynsick: cats just wouldnt get it. We had cartoons to watch 24/7. Us 90s kids would come home from school and have CN and Nick to flip between all day, rugrats, hey arnold, doug, dbz, shyt I could go all day. Plus we had saturday morning and toonami. 90s cartoons is why I threw homework to the:trash: all through school.:ohlawd:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
90's

A lot of the 80's cartoons don't hold up well

Some do like ghostbusters, inspectah gadget, Ducktales

Tmnt didn't age well at all :scusthov:

i don't know how I was a fan back then :dahell:

.....Maybe cause the movie, toys, games were so ill:lawd:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
90s and it's not even close.

Saturday mornings as a kid in the 90s...I'd go back to that life in a second if I could. :mjcry:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I grew up in the 80's but I'd be lying if I didn't say 90's generally held up better, many of them were watchable as an adult. I mean I was in college when Batman:TAS came out and we used to put them on tape and watch them after class.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It's the 90s and it isn't even close.:stopitslime:

Every 80s cartoon mentioned in the OP is aimed at kids. Most of them were developed solely to sell toys. That's cool, kids are supposed to like cartoons and toys, but the depth of the 90s was they had cartoons for kids on lock (Cartoon Network, Nick, Disney, UPN, Fox Kids, PBS all delivered) AND they also found a way to appeal to adults with stuff like The Simpsons, South Park, The Critic, Batman The Animated Series, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, King of The Hill, Daria, and a freaking HBO version of Spawn.

The 90s had kid shows aimed at toddlers like Arthur, The Magic Schoolbus, Blues Clues, Little Bear, Carmen Sandiego, Little Bill, Tom and Jerry Kids

Then they had cartoons for the next age group of grade school kids, but they offered so many choices, a kid could develop his or her own preferences

If they wanted action they had The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Powerpuff Girls, X-Men, Spiderman and the Toonami Block

If they wanted to watch grade school soap operas they had Recess, Hey Arnold, Rockos Modern Life, Doug, Pepper Ann, Hercules The Animated Series, The Adams Family

If they wanted weird funny shyt they had Freakazoid, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasle, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Animaniacs, Dexters Laboratory, The Tick

If they wanted something creepy they had Ahh Real Monsters, Gargoyles, Courage The Cowardly Dog (even if just the first episode), Tales from the Cryptkeeper

If they wanted cartoony cartoons they had 2 Stupid Dogs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Rugrats, Pinky and the Brain

And of course all of the adult themed shows I mentioned above.

The sophisticated kids had cartoons to watch, the snot nosed dumb kid still wearing underoos had cartoons to watch, girls had stuff that catered to them, boys had stuff that catered to them, damn near every niche was filled so that everybody could eat :ahh:

They even had cartoons based on toy game on lock with Pokemon:umad:

Just the Toonami block alone shytted on most of the best 80s action cartoons:mjlol:

Last edited:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
It's the 90s and it isn't even close.:stopitslime:

Every 80s cartoon mentioned in the OP is aimed at kids. Most of them were developed solely to sell toys. That's cool, kids are supposed to like cartoons and toys, but the depth of the 90s was they had cartoons for kids on lock (Cartoon Network, Nick, Disney, UPN, Fox Kids, PBS all delivered) AND they also found a way to appeal to adults with stuff like The Simpsons, South Park, The Critic, Batman The Animated Series, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, King of The Hill, Daria, and a freaking HBO version of Spawn.

The 90s had kid shows aimed at toddlers like Arthur, The Magic Schoolbus, Blues Clues, Little Bear, Carmen Sandiego, Little Bill, Tom and Jerry Kids

Then they had cartoons for the next age group of grade school kids, but they offered so many choices, a kid could develop his or her own preferences

If they wanted action they had The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Powerpuff Girls, X-Men, Spiderman and the Toonami Block

If they wanted to watch grade school soap operas they had Recess, Hey Arnold, Rockos Modern Life, Doug, Pepper Ann, Hercules The Animated Series, The Adams Family

If they wanted weird funny shyt they had Freakazoid, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasle, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Animaniacs, Dexters Laboratory, The Tick

If they wanted something creepy they had Ahh Real Monsters, Gargoyles, Courage The Cowardly Dog (even if just the first episode), Tales from the Cryptkeeper

If they wanted cartoony cartoons they had 2 Stupid Dogs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Rugrats, Pinky and the Brain

And of course all of the adult themed shows I mentioned above.

The sophisticated kids had cartoons to watch, the snot nosed dumb kid still wearing underoos had cartoons to watch, girls had stuff that catered to them, boys had stuff that catered to them, damn near every niche was filled so that everybody could eat :ahh:

They even had cartoons based on toy game on lock with Pokemon:umad:

Just the Toonami block alone shytted on most of the best 80s action cartoons:mjlol:

Close the thread....

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
90s has a lot more quality shows then the 80s. the 90s was an insanely bountiful feast of unparalleled proportions. Don't forget we also had fukking south park in the 90s and numerous unmentioned shows not listed yet.