a beat a day they sayy

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
I work on 1 beat for a whole week at least sometimes. If i don't finish it in 1 week i'll probably never finish it.
Think it's a good beat. I like that lead you got in there.

i used to be like that but im moving more towards like if im just not really feeling a track i dont even save it...just move on to the next....but preciate bruh

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
People should do less fast food Hip-Hop these days.
naw i dont mean it like that. it really depends on how you are creatively.

i cant sit there and work on one beat for an entire day. i do it in stages.

create the loops for it then move on when you comeback to it later in a day or two you have a different ear and can add or subtract different things.

you can keep the quality up as you work in quantity if you do it right.

madlib makes classics and he doesnt work on anything more than a few hours. dilla use to do things in 15 minutes. overthinking/overproducing can be just as bad as fast food music.

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
naw i dont mean it like that. it really depends on how you are creatively.

i cant sit there and work on one beat for an entire day. i do it in stages.

create the loops for it then move on when you comeback to it later in a day or two you have a different ear and can add or subtract different things.

you can keep the quality up as you work in quantity if you do it right.

madlib makes classics and he doesnt work on anything more than a few hours. dilla use to do things in 15 minutes. overthinking/overproducing can be just as bad as fast food music.
I feel you big bruh different strokes I guess....im not capable of coming back to a beat lol if I close the session it's a wrap

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I feel you big bruh different strokes I guess....im not capable of coming back to a beat lol if I close the session it's a wrap

Yeah, i sometimes have this problem to. That's why i hardly ever finish a beat.
My last beat i spend about 15 hours on for a whole week but than i think it's able to stand on it's own without a vocalist on it.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I take a beat as far as I can take it then move onto the next.

Usually get the drums down, get a main melody, riff or bassline then I hit a block of not knowing what else to add to it so I move onto another beat.