A bride was angry her African American friend didn't want to attend her wedding at a plantation

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
A bride was angry her African American friend didn't want to attend her wedding at a plantation, and people think she's in the wrong

Most recently, a 26-year-old woman is being criticized for the way she reacted to her African-American bridesmaid's decision to drop out of her plantation wedding, as she wrote in a since-deleted Reddit post. According to the bride-to-be, "all was well," until she announced the location to her bridal party, which is comprised of four of her "closest girlfriends," per a screenshot of the post that was shared by redditships on Twitter, which often highlights posts from the subreddit r/relationships.

But, according to the original writer, not everyone was thrilled about her decision to host her wedding at the "incredibly beautiful plantation," that she had "admired since I was a little girl." The bride said that two of her friends, who she identified as J and T, didn't seem as excited.

"I love you a lot but I have to bow out from being a bridesmaid," J began.

In her message, J said that when the bride-to-be started dating her now-fiancé two years ago, they began to discuss getting married at a plantation. But from the offset, the now-former bridesmaid says she brought her concerns to the bride.

"I told you then that I could not be a part of a wedding that happened at a plantation. I firmly believe that all plantations should be museums that highlight the atrocious injustices towards my community," J said. "We talked in great detail about exactly why I felt that way you told me that your love for me outweighed your desire to have a wedding at (plantation) and I wouldn't have to worry about it."

Shortly after announcing her decision, the original poster said she received a message from from J in which she withdrew from her bridal party.

In addition to this, J said appearing at a plantation wedding could harm her career.

"To be pictured and seen at a plantation wedding could cause harm to my professional reputation and, as much as I love you, I cannot make that sacrifice," said the 25-year-old.

Although J has bowed out of official duties, she still offered to pay for her half of her gown, be involved in the bridal shower, and attend the bachelorette party — if the bride will have her there.

"Please know that my issues with the chosen venue do not translate to issues with you and (financé). I love you both and I am so happy for the two you," J wrote. "He is the answer to so many prayers that I prayed over you when it comes to who you'll spend the rest of your life with."

In her since-deleted post, the 26-year-old turned to Reddit for help processing J's message.

"I remember us having that conversation, but I thought she was being overly sensitive and would change her mind when the actual wedding came around," she wrote. "And while I know her degrees are in African-American studies, I find it ridiculous that her colleagues would judge her for being in my wedding."

If you don't know, now you know :wow:

Even after she explained why she didn't want to attend, the cacling had to ask reddit for help processing this :pachaha:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
evG03rz.gif

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
Black woman didn't even have to say that it would be bad for her career for being seen there.

She could've just said I'm not going off gp and fukk you for thinking this was a good idea.

:what:

I was visiting my girls family down south and she wanted us to go visit a plantation that they turned into some kind of museum. They have the nerve to charge people to be on the property to view it. I told her, I don't even want to be anywhere near that place, let alone pay to see that shyt.

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Black woman didn't even have to say that it would be bad for her career for being seen there.

She could've just said I'm not going off gp and fukk you for thinking this was a good idea.

:what:

I was visiting my girls family down south and she wanted us to go visit a plantation that they turned into some kind of museum. They have the nerve to charge people to be on the property to view it. I told her, I don't even want to be anywhere near that place, let alone pay to see that shyt.

For some reason she wanted to remain friends and needed a reasonable excuse a dumbass would believe :yeshrug:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
White people picked cotton too....said cacette might want to do some research. Though plantations are lovely to look at (my grandfather was a farmer), the history obviously hits too close to home. Though to be fair, damn near everywhere you walk in a city. was constructed by indentured and forced slaves from one time or another. While the plantation is the "hallmark" for slavery, railroads, streets, cars, boats, and even trains are laden with history of slaves operating on them.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
She coulda kept it a buck and told her "slavery :yeshrug:" no further explanation needed.

White southern women looove the idea of these plantation weddings. They're already oblivous, but I don't think that bullshyt about her "career" helped any.

Anybody got a cached version of the reddit thread tho? :pachaha: I wanna see it

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Was this the same chick who was marrying the black dude on a plantation and had him running all around like a slave or was this another plantation wedding?