A.I. can finally tell us what Mickey Mouse and his goons are saying

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
‘DeepSqueak’ A.I. Decodes Mice Chatter

in what is somehow the cutest science story of the new year so far, scientists at the University of Washington have announced a new artificial intelligence system for decoding mouse squeaks.

Dubbed DeepSqueak, the software program can analyze rodent vocalizations and then pattern-match the audio to behaviors observed in laboratory settings. As such, the software can be used to partially decode the language of mice and other rodents. Researchers hope that the technology will be helpful in developing a broad range of medical and psychological studies.

Published this week in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology, the study is based around a novel use of sonogram technology, which transforms an audio signal into an image or series of graphs.

The DeepSqueak program turns recordings of mouse chatter into visual output, which is then analyzed using advanced machine learning algorithms. In fact, the A.I. algorithms are in the same family as those used by self-driving cars to “see” their environment. The technology represents the first use of deep learning neural networks in rodent vocalization research, said study co-author Russell Marx in a statement.

I'm more interested in this software being used to figure out what dogs, cats, and especially chimpanzees and dolphins are saying. Since we hold those animals in high esteem.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
....i can tell you what your dog is trying to tell you...

FEED ME, MUTHASUCKA!
aggressive-angry-dog-enraged-grin-jaws-fangs-hungry-drool-73287985.jpg

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
‘DeepSqueak’ A.I. Decodes Mice Chatter

I'm more interested in this software being used to figure out what dogs, cats, and especially chimpanzees and dolphins are saying. Since we hold those animals in high esteem.

:krs:

That would be dope.

Hell of a new field.

What a time to be alive. :wow:

Let me invest in the companies that mass produce this product.

If this shiit comes to fruition, we really might need an Animal Forum. @Pigeon the flock ready to communicate?

Of course PETA is going to try and use it to shut down animal farms that provide meat/protein. They will be able to "communicate" with a cow or chicken.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i'd sic a kitty cat on him.... see if he likes cats better....

Or they can be saying some real demonic shyt :damn:

but what if he really breaks it down and has you like :picard:....:whoo:....:ohhh:....:ohlawd:

you look at him like :to:

he hits you with a :ufdup:

other mice start to gather around like :mjlol::gladbron::steviej:

you gotta :whoa:

then the mouse tells you to start writing down everything he says on some :smugdraper: type shyt.

what do you do?