Albums Abstract Mindstate - DREAMS STILL INSPIRE (every tracked produced by Kanye West) (AUG 6)

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Daphne "E.P Da Hellcat" Mitchell and Greg "Olskool Ice-Gre" Lewis founded Abstract Mindstate in Mississippi in the late '90s, eventually returning to their native Chicago. There, the duo became part of the local scene, which included everyone from Lupe Fiasco to Twista to Chilldrin of da Ghetto. Kanye began producing for Abstract Mindstate while they worked on their debut (and only) LP, We Paid Let Us In!.'

'This is actually the first time that Kanye has produced all of the songs on an album that wasn't his own since Common's 2005 LP, Be. Fun fact: he even did all the cratedigging for Dreams Still Inspire's samples. He also appears on the album alongside Luka Sabbat, Jonquia Rose, comedian Deon Cole, and fellow YZY SND member Tony Williams.'

track list

1. Salutations (Intro) ft. Jonquia Rose
2. I Feel Good
3. A Wise Tale
4. Yeezy Sound (Skit) ft. Luka Sabbat
5. Elevation
6. Move Yo Body ft. Tony Williams
7. Social Media
8. Lambo Truck Podcast (Skit) ft. Luka Sabbat
9. Expository Mode
10. My Reality
11. Sound Off The Alarm
12. Voice Mail (interlude) ft. Deon Cole
13. The Brenda Song ft. Kanye West
14. I Know You

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man I remember meeting and interviewing them for my college radio station back in the day. I still have a signed cd from that time period.:wow: I had no idea they were down with Kanye until way later and it’s cool that he’s still rocking with them. I’m definitely listening to this and the album.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Apparently this is out there now...wouldn't mind some mustard if anyone has

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
Not to be that guy but Dilla produced a couple tracks on Be
and he did produce every single song on Daytona/Nasir/Ye/KTSE all just a few years ago. some had co-production, but he at least co-produced on all of every song (only one he didnt produce was 2 songs on Kids See Ghosts) so its just a strange claim to make in general

That first single sounds tight, I'll listen now. I had heard that track that Kanye is on (Brenda) and didnt like it so was maybe gonna skip this, but that single in the second post in here sounds dope. Its a guy & a girl rapper? I like the female rapper on that track. Never heard of Abstract Mindstate back in the day, -- its worth going back and checking out their old shyt too? how it compare to this new project?

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
and he did produce every single song on Daytona/Nasir/Ye/KTSE all just a few years ago. some had co-production, but he at least co-produced on all of every song (only one he didnt produce was 2 songs on Kids See Ghosts) so its just a strange claim to make in general

That first single sounds tight, I'll listen now. I had heard that track that Kanye is on (Brenda) and didnt like it so was maybe gonna skip this, but that single in the second post in here sounds dope. Its a guy & a girl rapper? I like the female rapper on that track. Never heard of Abstract Mindstate back in the day, -- its worth going back and checking out their old shyt too? how it compare to this new project?
It’s a girl and guy rapper from Chicago

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Just of finished listening to King Disease 2 now giving this album a listen