According to this old school Philly rapper schoolly D had the first 3 gangsta rap songs ever

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Does he mention Just-Ice also?

Funny you should mention that. Just ice refer to himself as the hip-hop gangster around the same time. For according to this dude unless you were actually talking about what gang you belong to what street you hung out on you aren't actually a gangster rapper. So just talkin about being from the street isn't enough to make you a gangster rapper according to this dude Soren Baker.

So according to him

Ice T & Schooly d= Gangster rap
KOOL G Rap = hardcore rap

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
Everybody know Schooly D was first one on that gangster shyt rather it was 1 or 100 songs.

Schooly D dropped PSK.

Ice T heard that and dropped 6 in the Morning.

Ice Cube & Dr Dre heard that and came up with Boyz N Da Hood. A East Coast rapper was going to do the song but he thought it was corny so Dr Dre had Eazy E do it cause the song actually was his lifestyle off the mic.

The rest is history.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Everybody know Schooly D was first one on that gangster shyt rather it was 1 or 100 songs.

Schooly D dropped PSK.

Ice T heard that and dropped 6 in the Morning.

Ice Cube & Dr Dre heard that and came up with Boyz N Da Hood. A East Coast rapper was going to do the song but he thought it was corny so Dr Dre had Eazy E do it cause the song actually was his lifestyle off the mic.

The rest is history.

I never heard them say it was corny it was more like inspirational them. P.S.K. Is some ol' Philly dust head music.

It's better than both 6 in morning and boys in the hood imom both are a little over the top. All of them are classics tho.

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I never heard them say it was corny it was more like inspirational them. P.S.K. Is some ol' Philly dust head music.

It's better than both 6 in morning and boys in the hood imom both are a little over the top. All of them are classics tho.
:snoop:No he’s saying that a East Coast rapper was suppose to do Boyz N The Hood but thought it was corny, not that NWA thought PSK was corny

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
Just-Ice lived the gangster life tho. Had the gold teeth cause he was certified in the streets, had Five Percerters and the NOI scared to even deal with him, was on America's Most Wanted for a possible murder rap. He should have clearly been mentioned also. And I think all of this was in the 80s.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Just-Ice lived the gangster life tho. Had the gold teeth cause he was certified in the streets, had Five Percerters and the NOI scared to even deal with him, was on America's Most Wanted for a possible murder rap. He should have clearly been mentioned also. And I think all of this was in the 80s.

Wasnt there a rumor Just went to the QB with shottie waiting outside for Black Poet from screwball