According to this white dude Philly rapper schoolly D had the first 3 gangster rap songs ever

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Soren Baker, a former staff writer for The Source magazine says that schoolly D at the first three gangster rap songs with "P.S.K.", "Gucci time", and "Parkside 5 - 2"

Starts at 21:00

Does anybody else here have any take on this?

Last edited:

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Yea....this is common knowledge....Ice T said the same a long time ago

I've always heard that psk was one of the first gangster rap song yet is something new to me to hear that the first three or so gangster rap song came out of Philly by the way of schoolly d.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
He’s technically the first, and Ice-T did get his idea from “PSK”, but none of those Schooly joints can fw “6 In The Morning” IMO

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
He’s technically the first, and Ice-T did get his idea from “PSK”, but none of those Schooly joints can fw “6 In The Morning” IMO
I like Ice-T but 6 in The Morning is basically a PSK 2.0 but with Ice's own way of telling his story.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Yes this is correct, he truly is the first gangsta rapper who influenced a gerne and inspired numerous artists.

It's pretty much common knowledge unless you're a cac who first brought into the media hype who claimed N.W.A as being the orignators :troll:.

PSK was on the King of New York sound track. So Schoolyd was big around the time N.W.A. was big too.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Is this supposed to be some badge of honor? One second people are praising gangsta rap...the next they are claiming it ruined rap and is the reason rap is what it is today.

It's supposed to a neutral statement. Just factual history. :unimpressed: