I state facts I don't make shyt up
White supremacist gets 248-year sentence for attacking 3 women; announces engagement to killer
Thomas Murphy, convicted kidnapper was sentenced to 248 years to life in prison. Courtesy Photo
By
Doug Saunders, The Sun
Posted: 10/02/14, 1:58 PM PDT | Updated: on 10/02/2014
4 Comments
SAN BERNARDINO >> A self-proclaimed white supremacist convicted on 16 counts was sentenced Thursday to 248 years to life in prison.
Thomas Joseph Murphy, 46, of Crestline, was convicted in the 2009 kidnapping, assault and battery of three women, animal cruelty and dissuading a witness.
In his trial, Murphy made the decision to act as his own attorney, but after several incidents of witness intimidation he was ordered to be represented by an actual attorney, court records show.
Murphy’s attorney filed a motion asking the judge for a new trial based on what he called was a violation of his clients right to represent himself. During the motion for a new trial, it was revealed that Murphy is now engaged to convicted murderer
Carmen Montelongo, who was sentenced this week to 26 years to life for cutting into pieces her Diamond Bar boyfriend.
The request for a new trial was denied.
Murphy had gone to a home in Crestline searching for his girlfriend in 2009. He forced a woman into the house, threatened to kill her and four other people if they tried to leave, court records show.
One woman tried to escape and Murphy beat her and another woman who came to her aid with a hammer.
One woman eventually escaped and law enforcement were contacted. Murphy fled the home before authorities could take him into custody.
Police found him the next day in Fullerton and chased Murphy on the 91 Freeway at speeds as high as 100 mph. Deputies at the time of his arrest said he slammed into several vehicles after getting off the freeway, and eventually jumped out of the vehicle.
He was captured by Fullerton police.
San Bernardino County sheriff’s Detective Jeremiah MacKay was lead investigator in this case, but prosecutors were never able to question him. MacKay was shot and killed in a raging gunbattle with rogue ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner in February 2013.
During his trial Murphy asked an attorney to post an ad in a local newspaper that would name the victims in his case and describing in negative light so as to intimidate them and not show up to testify against him, according to testimony.
“This is the worst case of witness intimidation I’ve seen as a prosecutor,” Deputy District Attorney Denise Yoakum said. “He sent his Aryan friends to try and intimidate the witnesses.”
One of Murphy’s victims was in court to read a statement.
“God loves you and I have completely forgiven you,” Kristen Westenhaver said in court. “I’m no longer a victim, I’m a survivor.”
Murphy was allowed to make a statement to the court as well. He looked at Westenhaver and apologized for what he had done.
“I’m sorry I took advantage of you and your weaknesses,” he said. “Inspite of what I may or may not have done I still live with it. I’m heading to prison for the rest of my life and I’ll battle because I can’t be broken.”
Murphy may not be able to be broken as he said but on Tuesday, testimony revealed that he found love in the correctional system while awaiting his fate.
Montelongo, said she and Murphy, a self-proclaimed neo-nazi, are now engaged to be married.
Montelongo was arrested in May 2011 in Ontario with a trash can of body parts belonging to her boyfriend, Samuel Wiggins Jr..
She was sentenced last week to 26 years to life for the murder of Wiggins.
Via:
White supremacist gets 248-year sentence for attacking 3 women; announces engagement to killer
White supremacist sentenced in 2006 Yucaipa killing
By Mike Cruz
Posted: 10/16/09, 12:01 AM PDT |
0 Comments
A
Yucaipa man was sentenced this morning to 21 years in state prison for the deadly hate-related shooting of one man and wounding of another in the city's downtown area in 2006.
Christopher Fulmer, a 21-year-old white supremacist, was sentenced before Judge Donna Gunnell Garza in
San Bernardino Superior Court.
A jury found Fulmer guilty in September of the lesser crime of voluntary manslaughter in the death of 30-year-old Joshua Morales. It also found true a special hate crime enhancement.
In the wounding of a 31-year-old man, the jury found Fulmer guilty of the lesser charge of attempted voluntary manslaughter.
Morales and the other man were shot by Fulmer during a confrontation between two groups of men on Dec. 5, 2007 on Avenue B, in Yucaipa. Prosecutors had charged Fulmer with murder and attempted murder.
Deputy District Attorney Dan Detienne told the jury, in his opening and closing remarks, that Fulmer was part of a local group called Hate Filled Skins, which advocates hate for minorities.
However, defense lawyer James Gass said the shooting was in self-defense, when Morales raised a hatchet during the confrontation. Gass also told jurors that the shooting was not motivated by race or ethnicity.
Via:
White supremacist sentenced in 2006 Yucaipa killing
Berdoo Skinheads
A San Bernardino based skinhead group, members often refers to themselves as the Mighty Berdoos. They number around 50. The organization initially formed in the 1980’s and was originally affiliated with White Aryan Resistance. A new crop of Berdoo Skins formed two decades later, after the initial organization crumbled.
December 21 2007: A jury in a Los Angeles County Superior Court convicted three members of the racist
Berdoo Skinheads of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon as hate crimes.
Anthony Scott Allen, 23, of Big Bear; Ryan Christopher White, 28, of Joshua Tree; and Joseph McCool, 20, of Redlands stabbed an African-American man at a Claremont shopping center while on their way to a neo-Nazi rally in Westwood in December 2006. The jury determined that White and McCool were responsible for actually wielding the knife and stabbing the victim. A fourth defendant, Chad Timothy Milson, 20, of Yucca Valley, pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact and testified for the prosecution.
C.O.O.R.S. (Comrades of Our Race's Struggle) Family Skins/Coors Family Skinheads (CFS)
Racist skinhead group based in both Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, but heavily concentrated in both the Hemet and Big Bear regions in the Inland Empire region of the San Jacinto Valley. The group, formed around 1999, describes itself as a “White Power family/Kindred of Skinheads,” and claims that all members are devout followers of Odinism. There is some evidence of the groups' presence outside of California in Arizona, Louisiana, Texas, Utah and Nevada. The group had a Web site and forum created by one of the group's members and his wife, Auddie and Hollie Schrack, but they were dismantled in December 2008, and many of the key members are currently incarcerated. The Web site had contained detailed bylaws of operation and conduct, including an anti-drug policy and ideology of “pure virtuous hatred.” CFS, taking their name from the unrelated beer company Coors, copies the company's logo script in their own logos and tattoos.
January 2009: Police officers in Hemet, California, arrested four C.O.O.R.S. Family Skins members for their suspected roles in a possibly racially-motivated murder attempt. Authorities charged Derek Shane O'Brien, 22, Justin Tyme Hayes, 21, and Darrin Peter Thibault, 24, with attempted murder and gang membership, among other charges. A fourth individual, Crystal Lee McCann, 22, was arrested for witness intimidation and gang membership. The suspects are accused of beating a 19-year-old Hispanic man in November 2008 at a mobile home park in Hemet in the San Jacinto Valley. The perpetrators allegedly knocked the victim unconscious and then stomped and kicked him in the head. He now resides in a long-term care facility with permanent brain damage. Authorities suspect that the attack was racially motivated, possibly even a reaction of the election of President Barack Obama. These suspicions stem from comments reportedly posted to the group's Web site, expressing anger over the results of the election, as well as the proximity in time between the attack and the election. The Web site has since been taken down. Hayes was arrested in November, Thibault and McCann in December, and O'Brien in January 2009. Local authorities suspect that the gang may have been involved with four other possibly racially-motivated attacks which were also committed in the area around the same time.
Via:
Racist Skinhead Project