AEW Video Game Will Use The WWF No Mercy Engine?

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:
:lupe:
:banderas:
:blessed:

In a recent interview w/Cody Rhodes. He gets asked straight up about the AEW Video Game and whether AKI will be involved in development. Cody's answer "I can't say much, but what I will say is that it is the game that people have been asking for. It's the game we've been hinting at".

To me it sounds like Cody is saying it without saying that basically the AEW Video Game is going to be developed by AKI/Syn Sophia. Megaton news if this is true. What do you guys think? Maybe my interpretation is wrong, but after this interview, I'm about 99% sure that this actually going to happen.

Add up all of the talks of Kenny Omega reaching out to AKI directly on Twitter, TNT tweeting out AEW 64 Mockup Cover Art, Young Bucks confirming the game itself w/supreme confidence. I'd be surprised if it wasn't AKI at this point. All the evidence points towards this being real.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I think if it's just No Mercy without significant engine tweaks, a lot of people who thought they wanted No Mercy in 2019 are gonna be real disappointed.

Signs point to the game getting a graphics update to look like modern day tech. Chris Jericho confirmed that he got his face scanned for the game. Sounds like the gameplay will be tweaked especially for this game. I don't know why cats act like AKI aint versatile with the engine. Them Def Jam games on PS2 was :lawd:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Signs point to the game getting a graphics update to look like modern day tech. Chris Jericho confirmed that he got his face scanned for the game. Sounds like the gameplay will be tweaked especially for this game. I don't know why cats act like AKI aint versatile with the engine. Them Def Jam games on PS2 was :lawd:
Like other dude said, if the gameplay held up then somebody would have made a sequel or spinoff or spiritual successor.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why cats act like AKI aint versatile with the engine.
I'm not. Syn Sophia (AKI) is only gonna be as versatile with the gameplay engine as they're allowed to be. If whoever is overseeing this at AEW really wants No Mercy with updated roster and graphics there isn't much Syn Sophia can do about it. And that's a real possibility because...
Nostalgia really is a drug for this generation.
...of this.

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Some of ya'll really sick in the head :russ:. You really think they're just gonna trot out a re-skinned 20 year old game. That can only make sense in the head of a hater:picard:. They've applied their core grappling based system to more fluid gameplay several times since those games, across Def Jam and the Kid Muscle games.

But no, ten years after that, they're just gonna fire up the code for No Mercy and slap a new face on Jericho because Cody Rhodes obviously wants it that way and that's that. Go drink some water or something ya'll obviously not feeling okay. :francis:

Coli pro tip

If your opinion is the same as @PS4 you probably sound like a lunatic.