African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I have been to Nigeria more than a few times, I can spot a Fulani from a mile away. They do not look like AAs. Igbos just like Fulanis tend to be lighter skin and you can tell the difference between the two. Fulanis have stoic countenance and Igbos have a more lively countenance just as example. Even their walking gait is different if you see each group walking separately. Many of you on here would trip out to see how accurately people can identify tribes.

This guy is Igbo, so are the guys in the Alobam shirts. The people in the background are Yoruba since this was filmed in a Yoruba hood in Lagos. Dude looks like he is related to Swizz Beats.

This dude does not look like Swizz Beats.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
most haitians come from Benin,togoland, and nigeria I beleive. not Angola.
An ancestry DNA test of a Haitian. Looks like you're right.
haitian_zps577ed210.jpg~original

Superstar
Daps
Aren't there many similarities to Haitian and Central african countries though?
I heard the many of the Haitians slaves came from Angola.:yeshrug:

This other site compare Haitians football team to the Angolan football team.

Haitians
HaitiU-20.jpg~original

i'm seeing variations of 2 noses here.

Superstar
Daps
It wasnt obvious that I was African to ppl :yeshrug:
i assume every black person here is AA unless you've got the stereotypical ethiopian look or near black skin. i just assume some have little or no admixture

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
i'm seeing variations of 2 noses here.
I don't use this type of lingo because I feel they are incorrect and have no base but best way to describe them would Sudanid /Savannah and Guinean forest-savanna.

sudanid.jpg

AdeperoOduyeNIG_zpsebd89109.jpg~original

Sudanid.jpg

M2Jg6j7.jpg

3475378315_9828c39d39_bgh.jpg

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
"Of the Africans who reached the United States, 90 percent came from Senegambia (Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Mali), the Upper Guinea Coast (Sierra Leone, Guinea), the Gold Coast (Ghana), the Bight of Biafra (eastern Nigeria, Cameroon), and west-central Africa (Angola, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon). Almost half of the arriving Africans came from two areas — Senegambia and west central Africa."

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
@omnifax a link to an essay on origin and state.
Not much but a start.

http://abolition.nypl.org/essays/us_slave_trade/4/

From the data
Between 1628 to abt 1730 Virginia, Chesapeake port receive that most most slaves ranging around 100 to 28,000 slaves.
Between that time most of the slaves came from Senegambia in the early years and a spike in Bight of Biafra slaves in the later years of this time frame. The northern region brought slaves as well but number was way lower ranging 56 to 1,000ish Barley any in Georgia/Carolinas and Gulf.

Then between around 1720 - to early 1810 Georgia/Carolinas spiked in the number of slaves around 227 - 66,000ish.
The other chart shows that around 1730 and 1810 the a shyt load of slaves came from central/west Africa, Bight of Biafra, Sierra Leone,Gold Coast and The numbers correlate same time frame that the Georgia/ Carolina port spiked huge numbers.
Senegambia numbers were high around mid 1700s but dropped late 1700s-early 1800s
so did the Northern region numbers and Chesapeake's numbers.

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Its seems like
Virginia = Senegambia Bight of Biafra, Bight of Benin, and Gold Coast
Carolinas/ Georgia = Central/west Africa, Bight of Biafra, Sierra Leone, Gold Coast,Windward Coast, Bight of Benin and Senegambia
Gulf = Senegambia, Windward Coast, Bight of Benin
Northern region = Senegambia

(South East Africa had small numbers it seems like they would have gone to Northern region or Virginia)

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I have been to Nigeria more than a few times, I can spot a Fulani from a mile away. They do not look like AAs. Igbos just like Fulanis tend to be lighter skin and you can tell the difference between the two. Fulanis have stoic countenance and Igbos have a more lively countenance just as example. Even their walking gait is different if you see each group walking separately. Many of you on here would trip out to see how accurately people can identify tribes.

This guy is Igbo, so are the guys in the Alobam shirts. The people in the background are Yoruba since this was filmed in a Yoruba hood in Lagos. Dude looks like he is related to Swizz Beats.

Fulani have distinct looks but there are overlaps. Fulani differ from the region, country and tribe as far as looks.

I agree, Fulani don't look like AA's. The AA that do look Fulani-ish are a very small minority and that look is mostly attributed to some other ethnic group. Like mostly from a European Ancestor and maybe(rarely) Native American Ancestor.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone know any common or patterned features that come up in West African groups?

I notices small ears are common in some populations.
Gap teeth are too.
Longer jaws and soft jaws as well.
Round noses vs Flat noses vs pointed nosed and then combinations.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
This dude got.

70%African(44% Nigerian (most likely igbo)
24% European
4 % Asian(south asian) which is odd because that is not common in AA's
(any thing over 2% is suspicious anything below it probably false positives and or noise)