Agree Or Disagree: Ghostface Killah Is Top Ten Of All Time?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree...Why ?

(1) The album sales don't match other rappers of his era...

(2) Other critically acclaimed rappers don't even mention him as Top 5 or Top 10...They say Method Man was the best from the Wu (I don't agree with it)...

Only GFK fans think that he is Top 5 or Top 10...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
SUBJECTIVELY speaking anyone you cot damn want could be in your top 10

OBJECTIVELY speaking no ghost ain't top 10. not even close. doesn't have enough classic records. his greatest contributions to hip hop were as a member of wu tang.

wu tang has a legit case for being top 10 but ghostface as a solo artist ain't sniffin it.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
SUBJECTIVELY speaking anyone you cot damn want could be in your top 10

OBJECTIVELY speaking no ghost ain't top 10. not even close. doesn't have enough classic records. his greatest contributions to hip hop were as a member of wu tang.

wu tang has a legit case for being top 10 but ghostface as a solo artist ain't sniffin it.
Iron Man and Supreme Clientele. Fishscale if were calling albums from the last decade classics.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Iron Man and Supreme Clientele. Fishscale if were calling albums from the last decade classics.

classics to people on hip hop message boards maybe.

bump any hip hop radio station in the country and tell me how long it would take before you hear a single track off any of those albums... ESPECIALLY fishscale. you'd probably die first. more than likely it would come off the first 2 albums.

no disrespect to ghost he's a legend again but if we're gonna apply any real objectivity to the discussion he doesn't compare to guys like pac, big, jay, nas, etc.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
classics to people on hip hop message boards maybe.

bump any hip hop radio station in the country and tell me how long it would take before you hear a single track off any of those albums... ESPECIALLY fishscale. you'd probably die first. more than likely it would come off the first 2 albums.

no disrespect to ghost he's a legend again but if we're gonna apply any real objectivity to the discussion he doesn't compare to guys like pac, big, jay, nas, etc.
The radio plays singles. Not albums. So I'm not sure how relevant hearing a song on the radio would be to the question of whether an album is a classic or where to rank an emcee on an all time list. But if you're point is those albums didn't produce legendary hip hop singles, then I'll concede it. How long do you think it would take to hear a song off Amerikkkas Most Wanted or Death Certificate? Are those albums not classics? I'd expect to hear Top Billing or It Takes Two before a song from any of these Ghost or Cube albums, does that make those albums classics?

So who is your top ten? You've listed Pac Big Jay and Nas. Who are the etc?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yes. To say he doesn't have many classics is ridiculous dude has arguably the greatest discography in hip hop. Ironman and Supreme Clientele are classics, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx was basically a collab album with Raekwon that's a top 10 album All-Time IMO.

You have his contributions on 36 Chambers and Forever, an amazing solo career along with being a member of the greatest hip hop group of All-Time. Get into his skills lyrically as a story teller, the comedy he brings, the pictures he paints, the unique voice/flow.