Akon Announces $6 Billion USD Construction Contract for Akon City in Senegal

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Further details of Akon’s dream city have just surfaced. The biggest news regarding the project is the announcement of U.S.-based engineering and consulting firm KE International’s $6 billion USD contract to build the city.

The President of Senegal, Macky Sall, plans for the city to act as a special tax zone with full infrastructure like roads, a Hamptons Hospital campus, Hamptons Mall, residences, hotels, police, schools, waste facilities, and a solar power plant. Akon‘s partners include US-based Kenyan entrepreneur and Investor, Julius Mwale, who ha also worked with KE International on his $2 billion USD Mwale Medical and Technology City (MMTC) project. Currently 85-percent complete, MMTC is expected to serve over 35,000 community members with its supermarket, hospital, mall, golf course, and is 100% powered by renewable energy.

Akon aims for Akon City to be LEED-certified (Leader in Energy and Environmental Design) while attracting foreign investment from its tax incentives. Akon City, located less than and hour south of Dakar’s international airport, will also run exclusively on AKOIN — Akon’s cryptocurrency. For those excited to visit the celebrity/artist’s very-own city, you can expect Akon City to be complete in the year 2030.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Ain't the Chinese backing him?

:patrice:

9-eA0IH8rGztOg6xuPyf7cDj14hUpCKTlCCukerIfyKBZF9b5oHVPZ3Riyax_L3t3SLqLaYZcBY40y84GQbuvTV1FSdb_0WkKADaYbmaAz7qzj-rqI2Tkpd_6XI0cXIIE1SdY31gSQNBoxE

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If only non-Africans get to live in his city, then I'll certify him a c00n myself. Until then, Akon is still black excellence. Not perfect, but still excellence.
Naw. He is a rich c00n. Black excellence has standards. He doesn't fit those standards. PERIOD.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Once we run and govern the city when it's done it doesn't matter to me
that company being given 6 billion....
and they only have one example of a previous project in the 5 years of their existence....
Fielding Innovation

i've done web design and marketing for engineering firms......
this is not a confidence inspiring presence breh breh....
looking like...
a con

:youngsabo:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
that company being given 6 billion....
and they only have one example of a previous project in the 5 years of their existence....
Fielding Innovation

i've done web design and marketing for engineering firms......
this is not a confidence inspiring presence breh breh....
looking like...
a con

:youngsabo:
giphy.gif