Alchemist and Domo Genesis put No Idols on streaming with a bonus track and some beat tweaks and re-recorded verses (sounds better)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I randomly went back and listened to this shyt like a month ago….Domo was a better rapper than I remembered. So much music was dropping around this time I kinda slept on it but ALC did his thang on this.
It definitely got some mixed reviews at the time. I remember most of DeadEndHipHop hated it and called it a throwaway project.

No Idols would definitely hit harder if it dropped today. This was a transitional time for Al's production, and a lot of people still weren't as into the Covert Coup smoked out blunted space rock trippy kinda beats. A lot of cats wanted the1st Infantry/Chemical Warfare sound. And Domo was one of the smaller names in Odd Future, let alone a household name rapper.

I remember Alc fans being annoyed that he was dropping projects with Currensy, Action, and Domo for free on blogs with no streaming or physical options to buy.

But this shyt would be right at home if it dropped in 2023.

EDIT: No Idols is also the first project that really put me onto Earl Sweatshirt. :wow: