Alkebu-lan......Alternative Facts or nah?

invalid

Banned
Daps
I've heard it mentioned on Hidden Colors and in many conversations. But I can't find any scholarly source to confirm that the indigenous name of Africa was Alkebu-lan.

Some claim it came from Kemet. But I have more than a passing familiarity with the ancient Egyptian language to know that that word isn't ancient Egyptian. For one, written ancient Egyptian has no vowels. So if this was written anywhere, it would be written as lkbln and anyone knowing ancient Egyptian would know thats not close to any Egyptian word. For two, it just doesn't sound phonetically Egyptian. Neither does it sound like anything indigenous to the continent.

Some claim that it is Arabic. If this is so...then obviously the claim that the name is indigenous is dubious. Even more so, when I put the name in an Arabic translation tool, it doesn't yield "the land of the blacks." In fact, it doesn't yield anything.

Egyptian scholars... can you confirm this is ancient Egyptian?

Arab brehs... can you confirm this is Arabic?

Can anyone provide a scholarly source on this? Please don't link to a site discussing the name that provides pseudo-evidence and doesn't link to a primary source (one that can be verified).

invalid

Banned
Daps
2017 and Black people talkin about Kemet :mjlol: Thats partiallly why its over.

Not sure how this relate to the question? My questioning is more along the lines of, since there are high rates of illiteracy and lack of extensive education in the black community, and equally so a lack of critical thinking and susceptibility to beleiving false narratives, why do we allow these assertions to prevail unchecked by those who have a platform?

What kills me is that we already saw the ressurection of Kemet in America with Malichi Z York. Who the fukk wants to repeat that again?

:mindblown:

Who's is that, breh? :lupe:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Not sure how this relate to the question? My questioning is more along the lines of, since there are high rates of illiteracy and lack of extensive education in the black community, and equally so a lack of critical thinking and susceptibility to beleiving false narratives, why do we allow these assertions to prevail unchecked by those who have a platform?

Who's is that, breh? :lupe:

A preaching azz pedophile who got ran out of Brooklyn in the early 90s

Only to run down south to Georgia and hustle people into thinking he was some sort of divine prophet

And it worked because he became a millionaire off of it.....

But dem Crakkkers didn't give a fukk

They locked his azz up

When he opened up that clandestine lodge in eatonton GA...

dem rednecks wasn't having it....

That Grand Lodge run law enforcement in Georgia ....he signed his death sentence with that move :mjpls:

invalid

Banned
Daps
It's not true fam.

also, not to start shyt, but I'd advise people actually try and read about our history outside of Hidden Colors

I would think that's a given, but the reality is that the younger generations are just not picking up books like that. I can look at my younger cousins to see that and I come from a relatively educated family. Why do we allow these folks who have a platform to peddle this nonsense especially given the precarious nature of education among certain segments of our community?

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Alkebu-lan is just some corny modern name created by hoteps and the fact that it's allegedly Arab shows it's a relatively new term, even if it's real.

The oldest name in history books with reference to Africa has always been "Ethiopia" or "Abyssinia"/"Cush". That's the name you'll see everywhere apart from Egypt, which was seen as Ethiopia's first daughter figuratively. And maybe Nubia. There was no Arab then, so I don't know how anyone would even suggest Alkebu-lan or whatever the fukk the name is, as the original name for Africa.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Actually I wanted to make a post(which is always the case) on this. It comes from Dr. ben but it has no source for the claim so I've never brought it up.
  • I have to go back to the library and take a picture of where he makes the claim
  • then go back and show where the claim comes from.
  • That's why I haven't made the post because I know folks are going to want proof of what I'm saying.
In a nut shell he claims the name "alkebu-lan" comes from Carthage(i don't know where yall getting this "came from kemet" stuff from) as their name for the continent. But when you look in the glossery for a source none is given. Not even a picture of a fragment that needs to be deciphered ...so it just ends up being an unsubstantiated claim he made. :yeshrug: Truth be told if he just came up with that name out the blue I wouldn't even mind. Just don't say it came from somewhere if you have no proof to back the claim up. Just say "alkebu-lan" is what i'm now calling the continent and leave it at that.:ehh:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
A preaching azz pedophile who got ran out of Brooklyn in the early 90s

Only to run down south to Georgia and hustle people into thinking he was some sort of divine prophet

And it worked because he became a millionaire off of it.....

But dem Crakkkers didn't give a fukk

They locked his azz up

When he opened up that clandestine lodge in eatonton GA...

dem rednecks wasn't having it....

That Grand Lodge run law enforcement in Georgia ....he signed his death sentence with that move :mjpls:
Heard he used to burn down buildings of people who wouldn't sell to him. He also claimed he was several incarnations of the Abrahamic god.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Heard he used to burn down buildings of people who wouldn't sell to him. He also claimed he was several incarnations of the Abrahamic god.

Yeah he had "thugs" on his salary....

He had to... after the Medina Gods ran his silly azz out of Bushwick...

Yeah the mofo had many identities like a damn schitzo

My favourite one was "Rabboni" ..lmao

:mjlol:

Can't front tho he was making bank ...off those stores and books....

His compound in Georgia wasn't too far from my alma mater ....mad acres of land...and lots of gulliable fine azz Byatches :umad: