All bullshyt aside, how confident are you in the Nets winning the East?

Will it be the Nets?

• Yes, Nets win the East no doubt

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Nah, Philly got it

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Nah, Bucks got it

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Nah, Miami got it

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Winner of Knicks/Hawks, obviously

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 20 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Reference (Last year):
Thread: All bullshyt aside, how confident are you in the Bucks winning the East?
Will all their perceived flaws and mundane bubble record, do any of yall see them losing before the Finals? And to who?

--
They're still the betting favorites at -155

Toronto is now second at +300

Celtics are 3rd at +475

Miami is 4th at +900

Note:
  • Tor and Bos would face each other in the 2nd round, so Mil is only facing one of them.
  • Mia would face Mil in the 2nd round, assuming they eliminate Indy.

All assuming no major/unexpected injuries.

This time around, Nets are the betting favorites at +110

Philly is second at +275

Bucks are third at +333

Miami is 4th at +1100

Note:
  • For those who don't know what these +/- numbers mean, basically ppl gave MIL a (slightly) better chance of winning the East last year than their giving BK this year, and are giving Philly a (slightly) stronger chance this year than they gave TOR last year.
  • Nets would face the winner of Bucks/Heat in round 2, and then face Philly in the ECF, assuming PHI encounters no fukkery vs NYK or ATL.

Daps
It’s going to be really difficult to beat this team. I’m not even banking on them all going off during most games...It will typically be 2 but the pull & shot making ability is going to leave teams in bad spots for extended periods of time. Most of all you’re going to be asking three guys on the other squad to have more success in their one on one matchups than not and when was the last time you’ve seen one guy do that when it comes to those three? I think back to the Clippers game in February where it was back & forth game until those 3 went off like a bomb in the 4th Basketball is a sport where a guy can be a defensive stalwart and it still doesn’t mean shyt when the guy they’re guarding is getting busy

It is what it be

Daps
l2dneojcukz61.jpg

Harden won’t be worn out come playoff time. How can you beat a team who’s third scoring option is also the best scorer in the league? :mjlol:

Hopefully Nash smartens up and starts Claxton.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It’s going to be really difficult to beat this team. I’m not even banking on them all going off during most games...It will typically be 2 but the pull & shot making ability is going to leave teams in bad spots for extended periods of time. Most of all you’re going to be asking three guys on the other squad to have more success in their one on one matchups than not and when was the last time you’ve seen one guy do that when it comes to those three? I think back to the Clippers game in February where it was back & forth game until those 3 went off like a bomb in the 4th Basketball is a sport where a guy can be a defensive stalwart and it still doesn’t mean shyt when the guy they’re guarding is getting busy

It is what it be
Yup. That BK/LAC game was the eye-opener. LAC actually outplayed them for most the game but then the shift in the 4th was video game-esque. And that was before Blake arrived, who takes them from a big 3 to a borderline 3.5.

The one thing Covid/injuries ruined is we never got to see BK vs Philly or LAL at anything resembling full strength.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think BK can only play the 7 seed. If Washington makes it out of the play in, I think they play Philly.
The assumption is Washington will beat the injury-plagued Celtics in the play-in game, which would make the Wizards the 7th seed (BOS would drop to 8th and would then have to face the winner of CHA/IND to maintain it).

Both WAS/BOS can be erratic though so it's probably a coin flip what happens

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
He isn't, and won't need to be. The guy who is the 2nd best playoff performer in basketball behind LeBron will do what he always does, and so will Kyrie, enabling James to be more comfortable than before.
Harden has been better than KD this year I can only go by what I’m shown

we’ll see during the post season, Harden the only one u can rely on to stay healthy imo