Am I the Only One That Does This While Watching Games?

Do you overanalyze interesting games?

• Yes I do this

• Maybe one time

• No I'm more of a casual

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Keep rewinding and watching the same segments of a game over and over looking for details?

I'm not talking about replaying a highlight dunk video on YouTube a few times. I mean I just rewatched the 4th quarter of the Cavs Bullets tonight and it took me over an hour. When it got down into crunch time I sat there and hit the back and replay button on the Roku at least a dozen times for every big play.

I watch the body language of the players involved in each play. Do they celebrate early? Are their shoulders slumping? Sometimes you can tell a game is over by who's already mentally given up and is letting that information seep through into their physical form. :wowtwo:

I break down the play itself. What was the action? Was it run to perfection or did someone salvage a broken play? Why did it work or fail? Who blew their assignment? Did the refs miss a big call that's obvious on replay? How do the tendencies of the 10 guys on the court manifest themselves in this play? :lupe:

Then I move on to their teammates, with each member getting their own replay at least once. Do they jump up and celebrate their brethren's basket as if it were their own like Draymond? Is it obvious they have no respect for their squad like John Wall? :jbfoil:

I check the coaches. Scotty Brooks was a treat tonight :Lolmueller:

Finally I scan the crowd. Always some person being super extra that stands out with their reaction. I'll rewind a couple times just looking for those folk. These moments in sports are able to capture the pure, genuine expressions of joy, shock and anguish from thousands of faces all at once. I find that fascinating, can't really see that in any other medium of entertainment. How many fans does the opposing team have in the home arena? You can see the faith the fanbase has in each player by the reactions as the ball is in the air. Every now and then you get a fan reaction that becomes an instant classic :jagfan:

Anyone else do this or nah?

Yes I am high. :mjgrintwo:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
You do all of this and still hurt my feelings? :scusthov:
Option 3 is the one you're looking for.

full

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
idk about all that.....

But I definitely focus on team chemistry, ball fluidity, off the ball movement, defense alignments, more than anything.

There's just not enough time in the day for me to go through shyt like, unless I'm getting paid big $$$$ for it....

The craziest to me is always seeing a team come back from down 20+ :dwillhuh:

Clippers have been a joy....