Am I the only one who believed the late Test couldve been a huge star?

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
I just randomly watched his match at King of the Ring 2002 vs Brock Lesnar and they both put on a damn good match. Test looked real legit in there against Brock and Brock didnt win clean. What was all missing with this guy? How would he be viewed if he came along in this era?

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
Long haired version, with Trish still in his corner, sure. Maybe even Albert as his muscle.

The bacne-covered, short haired douche with Double J's WCW ring gear? :scusthov:

Yea the early 2000's era Test. If you get the chance to watch his match with Brock at the 2002 King of the Ring. That shyt had me looking like :ohhh::whoo::ooh::krs:thru the match plus he wasn't made to look small in there with Brock

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I liked T&A (mainly because of Trish :shaq:) but on his own he was just OK to me. :yeshrug:

Maybe looking back at his matches, I might think differently. I didn't see his ECW run.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
His GOAT moment was holding Big Show down for that 80-foot Shane O'Mac 'bow drop :wow: Then years later Shane broke Test's leg with a botched Van Terminator and it was all downhill from there :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
He went exactly as high as he couldve.

in what era could he be ANY higher?
  • Rock n wrestling? Not over hogan mach andre piper etc
  • new generation? Not over bret hbk nash hall etc
  • he was in attitude and ruthless
  • reality era? not over brock cena taker rko batista punk bryan mizark edge etc
At BEST if he lived longer hed be kane without the title win...and kane >>> test

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Test was SUPER DUPER OVER during that whole angle with Stephanie in 99. He had a great match with Shane at Summerslam. If ever there was a time to make him a big star that was it. But they gave the big match with HHH to Vince at Armageddon in 99. Test got beat down on a Raw I believe and that was it. Then he joined T&A.

They did give him random pushes here and there, but it was never the same. He had maybe one or two mini feuds with The Rock, a feud with Biker Taker when Test was with the UnAmericans. I think the next year they tried to push him as a face with Stacy, but he ran afoul of the front office. Anyway like I said his overness was never anywhere near that period in 99, and the pushes and feuds never went anywhere. Like Ed said for the most part he went as high as he could have.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He definitely should have had his blowoff with Triple H, but alas.... I wasnt that much into dude when he came back in ECW b/c i was much more interested in actual ECW wrestlers. Looking back, dude had potential to be a big deal