Amazon & Apple coming to town..how do I get a job ?

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Apple and Amazon look like they will open up shop here in the RTP area. Do they relocate employees or hire locally ? How do I get in on the action ? I never see large companies having hiring fairs or anything when they announce a new location.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kind of job are you looking for? When Amazon opened a warehouse in NJ they sent me mail that they were hiring, with on the spot interviews/ offers.

So if you are looking for something along those lines I imagine there's a high demand and they will do recruiting efforts

If you're looking for something technical, I'd check their careers page twice a day, also look at the job posting boards and also see if there's any recruiting agencies that are flooding all the sudden.

I am sure some of their folks relocate but most are hired locally. Also, forgive my ignorance, whats RTP?

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I would be looking for something sales related. would RTP = Research Triangle Park, one of the largest research parks in the word.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Make sure your resume exhibits as much experience related to the position as you can. The objective is to beat the parsing software first. Resume parsers don't read resumes like people do, they parse from top to bottom, so if your formatting isn't friendly then you might not make it through. An easy way to check is to save your resume as a .txt file. If the formatting looks straight with all the fancy stuff stripped then you'll have a better chance. If not then I suggest putting in the time to clean it up.

After your formatting is good you can work on adjusting the content to match the job description. Amazon's system only allows for one upload at a time so you want to make sure you're hitting the common themes in the postings.

Apply early, apply often. I probably hit Amazon 50+ times over the course of 2 years. Only landed one interview although periodically I'll get emails from their recruiters about positions. I know they'll relocate developers, I don't know about other positions although I'd imagine they would for most other corporate jobs. Just make sure that's a point you raise during the interview.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I see Amazon hiring ads on this site all the time. They have a bunch of warehouses and shyt in my area.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Amazon is still a long shot for Raleigh. Sounds like Apple is more tangible though.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
apple is pretty hard to get hired at outside of the retail opportunities. they are taking the best of the best. when I've looked at their website for the non-retail jobs, there was basically NOTHING I was qualified to do :yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it's really no entry level at Apple. 3+ years of experience minimum just to be in the ballpark, then you live on your A game just to be considered. Only exception to this I know it's some dude that graduated a couple of years before I did, he got picked up by Apple and is a data scientist right now.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Apple and Amazon look like they will open up shop here in the RTP area. Do they relocate employees or hire locally ? How do I get in on the action ? I never see large companies having hiring fairs or anything when they announce a new location.

Carolina shyt
:salute: