Amazon is in talks to acquire J.C Penny (seeking to turn them into distribution centers)

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

Amazon lurking in J.C. Penney bankruptcy case

May 19, 2020 10:03 AM ETAmazon.com, Inc. (AMZN)2 Comments
  • Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) and J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) haven't responded to yesterday's report from Women's Wear Daily of talks between the two companies on a deal.
  • If there is a deal to be made, it might have to do with creating new distribution centers for the e-commerce giant. The Milwaukee Business Journal reported last month that Amazon was looking to take over a former JCP warehouse in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin for that purpose. That plan included a demolition of parts of the J.C. Penney building to build an Amazon Hub.
  • It's hard to believe that Amazon won't grab some real estate at an attractive price if a deal goes through with the bankrupt department store chain.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:manny: From AMC theatres to J.C Penny

This depression has been great for Bezos & Amazon

Walmart had a good run, but like so many others they rested on their laurels thinking they ran the game. New sheriff in town and now that Bezos is assembling his transportation and logistics arm to ship the product. :francis:

Gotta keep looking forward always.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Do it Jeff :blessed:
My portfolio looking :wow:

giphy.gif

Lex Luthor for real

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Interesting, Amazon is moving into physical to catch up to Walmart's physical distribution footprint, and Walmart is doing the reverse; leveraging their distribution and trying to catch up in tech to match Amazon.

But ultimately I think Amazon will be the bigger winner since they are much better at technology and data analysis and will iterate faster as a company.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Walmart had a good run, but like so many others they rested on their laurels thinking they ran the game. New sheriff in town and now that Bezos is assembling his transportation and logistics arm to ship the product. :francis:

Gotta keep looking forward always.
I don’t see Walmart going anywhere breh, they offer way too many services outside of groceries:patrice:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don’t see Walmart going anywhere breh, they offer way too many services outside of groceries:patrice:

not saying they going anywhere, but they not the king of the hill anymore. They try to Deebo everyone, but now there's another bully in the game.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
Interesting, Amazon is moving into physical to catch up to Walmart's physical distribution footprint, and Walmart is doing the reverse; leveraging their distribution and trying to catch up in tech to match Amazon.

But ultimately I think Amazon will be the bigger winner since they are much better at technology and data analysis and will iterate faster as a company.

will come down to price of product