Amendment to prevent FBI from obtaining web browser data without a warrant fails by 1 vote in Senate

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
NAYs ---37
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blackburn (R-TN)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Capito (R-WV)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Collins (R-ME)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Graham (R-SC)
Hassan (D-NH)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Johnson (R-WI)
Jones (D-AL)
Kaine (D-VA)
Lankford (R-OK)
Manchin (D-WV)
McConnell (R-KY)
Perdue (R-GA)
Portman (R-OH)
Roberts (R-KS)
Romney (R-UT)
Rubio (R-FL)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
Toomey (R-PA)
Warner (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wicker (R-MS)
Young (R-IN)

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
for those of you who live in states with dems who voted against this, call their offices tomorrow and tell them you're pissed. i live in virginia so i got to call two of these clowns offices but they gotta know we ain't happy. hopefully some similar amendment comes up and senators are swayed or some of those no shows decide to appear :unimpressed:
and if sanders and murray dont have the coronavirus they got a lot to answer for :ufdup:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i blame americans. as a group we're too reactionary and scared of our shadows. you see how NYPD has been running game with bail reform with the increased crime bullshyt. now imagine what the national security infrastructure would be spinning out there about how SENATOR SO AND SO voted to cripple our terrorism preventing capabilities while ahmed and abdullah are free to engage in wiring money to terrorists, blah blah.

the patriot act had vast support. bush had a 90% approval rating after 9/11 (glad i was always in that 10% and know people who act like they were but i remember and call them on it all the time). the rally behind the flag bullshyt just gets people going. all the national security personnel have to do is blame or allow an attack on the repeal of the patriot act and every senator who "made america unsafe" is a pariah and out on their ass. some of us know that one doesn't have anything to do with the other, but that's not the tale that will be believed by the majority.

i don't envy these people when it comes to votes on national security and law enforcement. people say one thing and vote the other way, they want to "feel safe" "the children" "the troops". a repeal needs to be strongly bi-partisan. another terrorist attack is coming whether we have the patriot act or not, but instead of people saying get rid of this shyt it didn't stop anything, they'll ask for more.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bernie needed to make sure he voted on this bill. Inexcusable for a progressive not to vote on this.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
One thing about these one-vote tallies. Thats usually because the party bosses gave permission to senators in contested elections to vote the way they really want to to protect themselves

so even if Sanders voted the Senate probably would have whipped an extra vote from somewhere else.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing about these one-vote tallies. Thats usually because the party bosses gave permission to senators in contested elections to vote the way they really want to to protect themselves

so even if Sanders voted the Senate probably would have whipped an extra vote from somewhere else.

This. If Sanders voted Yay it's not hard to envision Mitch getting Cruz who voted Yay to vote Nay.