America needs to spend more on mental health services

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
We had a bunch of threads lately of heinous shyt happening: the dude in New York that shot his own mother for asking him to get a job

The guy in Indianapolis who murked his entire family

The PAWG who made fun of a girl for having cancer

The guy who murdered two girls in his apartment for "setting him up".

It's obvious that this country don't put enough effort and money on mental health. So many people are suffering internally; especially during lockdowns.

Last edited:

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree 100%. I worked in the mental health field for a few years and its heavily neglected. This country leans on non-profits when it comes to the mentally ill and the these companies barely have any money to make any big changes.

This country doesn't care, its all about the $ and when something bad happens its a concern for a day or two and then back to normal...its a joke

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree 100%. I worked in the mental health field for a few years and its heavily neglected. This country leans on non-profits when it comes to the mentally ill and the these companies barely have any money to make any big changes.

This country doesn't care, its all about the $ and when something bad happens its a concern for a day or two and then back to normal...its a joke

Mental health services also need the RIGHT people running it too, let alone the money necessary.

It bleeds into so many other social service needs and frankly, lot of them are run by people who don't care about anyone else but themselves and they pockets.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
With all due respect to people who suffer mental challenges, don't lump violent criminals as having mental health issues.

MFers "snapped" and committed heinous acts. Outside of them being institutionalized and isolated from society, what could have prevented these murders from taking place?

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Um going to assume that you won't receive many responses because this issue is ignored heavily. The oy time white America talks about mental illness is after a school shooting and any time black Americans want to talk about it is...well...rarely do we take a serious look at it because of various issues. But there needs to be a serious discussion about it

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
With all due respect to people who suffer mental challenges, don't lump violent criminals as having mental health issues.

MFers "snapped" and committed heinous acts. Outside of them being institutionalized and isolated from society, what could have prevented these murders from taking place?
Having regular checkups and evaluations. As a person who suffered from mental illness and been institutionalized before, I've been around people who could've been cold killers but were stopped by professionals before they could do anything. One of them even got rehabilitated enough to live in society again. I agree with not making murderers the face of the mentally ill but we're being disingenuous if someone who commits matricide outside self-defense is of sound mind.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Um going to assume that you won't receive many responses because this issue is ignored heavily. The oy time white America talks about mental illness is after a school shooting and any time black Americans want to talk about it is...well...rarely do we take a serious look at it because of various issues. But there needs to be a serious discussion about it
This is the one time I'm not bumping a thread for daps and no one is responding:snoop:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mother is a psychiatric nursing practitionor and thr osych ward she oversees stays full of mentsl patients

But there isnt a lot of long term help for people.

You just gave them scrips for meds, hop they take them and leave them on their own.

I also think in general mental illness is hugely understated in america

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
careful because once you are in the mental health system that is it for life, just one time alone and you are marked for life. not fit for war services not even jury duty and more importantly you are medicated by law for the rest of your life.

most is unresolved anger issues, crazy in the dictionary means angry. so more people need to chill before seeking these medics. :hubie:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 2 people i share a house with are prime examples off why its needed.

2 adult males whose lives literally have no purpose, outside off work or relationship.

I knew they didn't have much lives before the quarantine but this is seriously disturbing. From the time they wake up, TV, Movies, Alcohol, no exercise, no reading or any activity what so ever. Rinse and repeat.

Didn't realize how many men live like this. No desire to try at all.:francis:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

2 adult males whose lives literally have no purpose, outside off work or relationship.

I knew they didn't have much lives before the quarantine but this is seriously disturbing. From the time they wake up, TV, Movies, Alcohol, no exercise, no reading or any activity what so ever. Rinse and repeat.

I'm afraid that one of my friends is going down that same path too:francis:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

Roommates?