Amir Khan wants Conor McGregor fight upon transition to MMA

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GettyImages-522358540.0.jpg

As far back as 2015, former two-time world boxing champion Amir Khan has been looking at the possibility of making a transition to MMA.

The 29-year old British boxer is currently scheduled to fight for the WBC middleweight title held by Saul "Canelo" Alvarez this weekend in Las Vegas, at a 155-pound catchweight. But apparently, he is already looking ahead into his probable future in cagefighting.

According to The Daily Star, Khan says he foresees himself fighting the sport’s best in his weight class, and one name he is targeting is that of Conor McGregor’s.

"I’ve always been a UFC fan and I like McGregor," Khan said. "But if I was to fight the champion around 147 lbs, I would fancy my chances. McGregor or whoever."

Khan is no stranger to the sport, being one of the stakeholders of India-based promotion company Super Fight League. But as for actually practicing the sport, he says he had actually done some MMA training, which he even used in preparation for his upcoming fight against Alvarez.

"I’ve already done MMA training. It’s good for preparing to fight a guy like Canelo who likes to put the pressure on."

Amir Khan wants Conor McGregor fight upon transition to MMA

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I *do* think that we will eventually get that perfect MMA/Boxing combination super-talent...

But it won't be Amir Khan. He's been chin-checked, so I don't feel he has that automatic boxing advantage that a guy would need to base his MMA off of. He can throw hands better than all of them, but he wouldn't be able to instantly step into MMA with the best jaw in a given division the way other boxers might.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I *do* think that we will eventually get that perfect MMA/Boxing combination super-talent...

But it won't be Amir Khan. He's been chin-checked, so I don't feel he has that automatic boxing advantage that a guy would need to base his MMA off of. He can throw hands better than all of them, but he wouldn't be able to instantly step into MMA with the best jaw in a given division the way other boxers might.

Nobody in MMA can throw a left hook like Danny Garcia, so doubt he'll be KO'd, just submitted

I think he would knock out Mcgregor, he was too slow for Nate diaz, Khan has real hand speed and way more punching power than diaz

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
he would instantly have the greatest hands in MMA history. these mma fighters would think they were witnessing some matrix shyt if they went heads up with him. but most likely he'd just be submitted and that would be the end. but his hand speed alone would make all them dudes think twice about getting close.