An Amazon exec says it’s time for workers to ‘disagree and commit’ to an office return: ‘I don’t have data to back it up, but I know it’s better’

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
fukk him

- less traffic
- i can cook my own food while at home
- run to the nearest store by me if i need something quick
- i can be home for my amazon packages that supposed to be left at the back door and not in the front
- dont have to burn gas
Companies also benefit because your energy level and focus are much higher due to extended sleep and no commute.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
As long as I don’t have to go in more than two days a week I’m happy, but I know my company is going to eventually push for three days a week I’ll even take that.

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
Companies also benefit because your energy level and focus are much higher due to extended sleep and no commute.
They want you exhausted from the long commute and lack of sleep. They want you to have just enough energy to bring your ass into the office and get your work done, go home, pass out, and do it all over again the next day.

Then you don't have the energy to look for better jobs, organize/unionize, better yourself or your situation, etc.

This is all by design.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
execution-Louis-XVI-1793.jpg

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
fukk him

- less traffic
- i can cook my own food while at home
- run to the nearest store by me if i need something quick
- i can be home for my amazon packages that supposed to be left at the back door and not in the front
- dont have to burn gas

Depending on the commute, they're pretty much forcing employees to take a pay cut to do the same thing they're doing at home by making them spend more money buying gas.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

The “study” linked from the article in OP:

That’s according to a working papercirculated by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) and written by economists Dave Atkin and Antoinette Schoar at MIT and Sumit Shinde at UCLA. The researchers observed data entry workers in Chennai, India, who were working either in an office or at home, and found that those randomly assigned to working from home were 18% less productive than office workers. Most of that productivity difference was clear from the first day of work, they wrote; the rest was a result of slowed learning for the remote group over the course of two months.

But recent studies of IT and call center workers in the U.S. have come to similar conclusions, Atkin said. “This gives us some faith that the results are not unique to [India].” The data also follows recent research from remote work guru Nick Bloom, who found that remote work is associated with 10% to 20% lower productivity.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They are to good Ole boi.

To fire their buddies. So if it ruins them.

Oh well.

Let another digital book company take over.
That work from home shyt was huff in 2000.

They can keep that homebody bullshyt.

Art Barr

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
These mfs losing they minds cuz they can’t exert direct control over people’s lives anymore… :mjlol:
Their jobs are actually at risk of being automated away and they're desperate to justify that shyt.

It's wild to me that these people can be moving like this and not have gotten hands put on them.