Analyzing Lil Uzi Vert or, why I was a fan (abridged version)

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
Admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan of trap music early on, and if anything, I can't say I go out of my way to listen now but if I had to choose a favorite rapper months ago, I would've said LUV.

The first track I heard from him was Super Saiyan Trunks, I liked it, but I wasn't blown away either, everyone fukks with DBZ, and Trunks is GOAT.

Next track I found days later was Belly, that was the start of me being an Uzi stan, the verses were mean and blunt as hell, "I fukk your bytch with no condom, then you take care of my family" :banderas:

Then I actually got to listening to LUV Is Rage, it was damn near perfect brehs, he was different, he was actually relatable!

-He was the kid who'd wear Thrasher and metal shirts before it was cool,
-He was the kid who'd listen to shyt like Paramore, GG Allin and Marilyn Manson,
-He started making music for attention,
-etc.

"I got the punk rock i'm stylin', I got the rock star i'm stylin', Heavy metal, yeah i'm stylin'...I rock em like i'm Flyleaf, um yeah, beat ya ass Randy Couture, have a riot Paramore"

So right before Lil Uzi Vert vs. The World was about to drop, I got into his older shyt, which was actually violent, filled with dark humor, and even anti-religious undertones

Then LUV vs The World actually came out, it took a while for me to warm up to the tape but hey, I thought, he's changing up his style, good for him :smugbiden:

I listened to this tape in full twice, I just liked LUV is Rage and his earlier stuff better..then the final straw came with The Perfect LUV Mixtape..I tried to like it, I wanted to like it, but no, not even "Do What I Want".

Uzi knows what he's doing, he's getting money and hype from his new, white culture vulture fans, he's releasing half-assed singles and they eat it up. That's all he's doing it for, the cold, hard cash and these cacs are just giving it to him. I don't like him as an artist much anymore, but I have to give him props for him tapping into the cac and tween market :francis::ehh::beli:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Trap music is still largely a "black" thing. The Southern slang, lingo and accents are still niche, Basically - it's still really black.

You have your Young Dolph's, Peeway Longway's which only black people really know. Then you have your Thugga and Migos. They got some hits but they really trap rappers for real. Future is the only current breed of trap rapper thatg is really mainstream successful like that.

Then there's your Travis Scott's and Uzi Vert's. They don't really appeal to proper "trap fans" like that but they have a wide CAC fanbase. Uzi Vert is basically a young thug more consumable for teenage cacs. Of course the subject matter is a bit different but it's largely inspired by the same stuff.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Dude makes some dope music. If you say different you a hater or a cac, or both

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I feel the same except I loved his 2nd mixtape.

3rd tape was a drop in quality but I'm still a fan.

Waiting on that album now.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you ever go to a lil Uzi concert and get front row you might die.:manny:That "CAC fanbase" is wild :damn:

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
You have your Young Dolph's, Peeway Longway's which only black people really know. Then you have your Thugga and Migos. They got some hits but they really trap rappers for real. Future is the only current breed of trap rapper thatg is really mainstream successful like that

Migos is pretty great, been meaning to listen to more of them.

I feel the same except I loved his 2nd mixtape.

3rd tape was a drop in quality but I'm still a fan.

Waiting on that album now.

I might still listen to his new stuff but I dunno, I had high expectations for him

Dude makes some dope music. If you say different you a hater or a cac, or both

I don't hate him, just think he sorta jumped the shark with his new stuff, can't get myself to listen to it

All of that to say - he makes trap music for people that don't listen to trap music.
Fair enough, but really, his early stuff is darker and better imo

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
im way late getting on to dude too so its all new to me. im skipping all around as far his releases but im loving love is rage and purple thoughtz ep. i tried to next listen to the perfect luv and counldnt even make it throu. like, 'like, wtf is dis breh.'
:dahell:
crazy as it sounds i can fully understand someone saying he fell off, thou his career it just getting started. still, he is super talented. some r these tapes hav some of the best music ive heard in yrs.