Angie Martinez was really feelin herself back in the day with this music sh!t

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
i guess being at Hot 97 in the 90s was probably the dream non-rapper/singer job in hip hop back then, but who the fukk convinced Angie that rapping was a good idea?

Peep these struggle bars and that Jay-Z feature :stopitslime: and then she got a Dollar Tree Jay-Z for the joint with Lil Mo

What record label thought it was a good look to have her put out TWO albums considering she had no history as an emcee?

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She was big time at Hot 97.

I don't know how much NYC radio people make, but I thought I read something about Power 105 tripling her salary...and she was making something like 200k at Hot 97.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
She was big time at Hot 97.

I don't know how much NYC radio people make, but I thought I read something about Power 105 tripling her salary...and she was making something like 200k at Hot 97.

I just wonder what made her think she could do a whole album. At least with Miss Jones, she was a singer first and then jumped on the radio thing

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I just wonder what made her think she could do a whole album. At least with Miss Jones, she was a singer first and then jumped on the radio thing

Word to my sig - SHE HAD TO DO IT.

All kinda DJs was making tapes...and on top of that we had that Latin Wave kinda blow up
after Pun, Nore, "La Vida Loca", "Mambo Number 5", and J-Lo poppin' off. It was a perfect imperfect storm. lol