Angry white Texas students storm out of class after teacher says humans emerged from Africa

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
a group of white students walked out of a college classroom Tuesday after an anthropology professor said all humans were descended from Africa. As they left, other students in the class began chanting, "Black lives matter," in recognition of the social justice movement protesting racial injustice across the United States. Other students who stayed in the classroom told the professor they were offended and began arguing with their classmates, according to media reports.

"My Professor just said all living ppl are descendants from Africa and ppl got up and walked out and now their arguing," a student tweeted during the walk-out.

R. Jon McGee, the professor at Texas State University, focuses on Latin American cultures. "I have worked with the Lacandon Maya since 1980, studying Maya religion, language, and culture. My research work has focused on the Maya, anthropology of religion, culture, theory, and field research methods," his web page reads.

Students said McGee began his lesson by telling students to pay attention because they were about to have a discussion on race. He then charted the origins of the Black Lives Matter movement, which protests police brutality, and concluded his lesson by noting that all modern humans comes from Africa. McGee explained his lesson to the Tab: "Understanding other peoples’ perspectives is a basic part of cultural anthropology."

“As a whole, I think the group is open-minded,” McGee added. “Understanding other peoples’ perspectives is a basic part of cultural anthropology.”

But Justine Lundy, 20, a student in the class said many students did not approve of McGee's lesson. “It was dead silent,” Lundy said, before a student retorted with a “sarcastic ‘sure.'”

Modern humans did evolve in Africa roughly 200,000 years ago, meaning all non-Africans are descended from people in Africa between 50,000 and 80,000 years ago. They likely left the continent because they needed food after changing rainfall patterns, scientists have said.

Angry white Texas students storm out of class after teacher says humans emerged from Africa

get mad at the undisputable fact everyone came from Africa Brehs:mjlol:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Really sick and tired of these racist stories every week. shyt is maaaaaaaaaaaaad exhausting.

The media is making a killing out of stories like these. They take one incident where blacks and whites don't get along and present it in a way that makes it a common occurrence. White supramacist and hoteps eat this shyt up and fall for the okie doke.

Anyway, inb4 'lol fukking cacs'

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Really sick and tired of these racist stories every week. shyt is maaaaaaaaaaaaad exhausting.

The media is making a killing out of stories like these. They take one incident where blacks and whites don't get along and present it in a way that makes it a common occurrence. White supramacist and hoteps eat this shyt up and fall for the okey doke.

tumblr_nhvrl5saju1qmfqwjo1_500.gif

I've known this since I was like 10 :what: what do they teach in schools in Texas?? besides meth class.
who knows

arent they teaching that slaves were instead immigrants that came to this country.?

MewTwo

Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
When I was in middle school we were all taught this. I had white classmates and no one got angry (in fact some of them were amazed/fascinating at the fact). We're going to have more incidents like in OP because the media is doing a great job dividing us and pitting us against each other.

STFARN

Banned
Daps
tumblr_nhvrl5saju1qmfqwjo1_500.gif

who knows

arent they teaching that slaves were instead immigrants that came to this country.?
They should b teaching african warlords sold their own people out for blood diamonds and power

slavery was an economic disaster turned into a race war

morris

Superstar
Daps

The media is making a killing out of stories like these. They take one incident where blacks and whites don't get along and present it in a way that makes it a common occurrence. White supramacist and hoteps eat this shyt up and fall for the okey doke.

Hate=Big Business.

We keep identifying the problems but NEVER proposing and putting into ACTION solutions.

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The media is making a killing out of stories like these. They take one incident where blacks and whites don't get along and present it in a way that makes it a common occurrence. White supramacist and hoteps eat this shyt up and fall for the okie doke.

You a cac? :jbhmm:

MewTwo

Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Hate=Big Business.

We keep identifying the problems but NEVER proposing and putting into ACTION solutions.

When CNN was covering the Ferguson riots they broke all sorts of ratings records.