Any book recommendations on finance/economics?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
You guys know any good books? I'm 19 currently taking a year off from school and I need a bit of help looking for good books related to finance and economics as it would relate to someone in the us. I typically prefer down to earth authors over the uppity intellectual authors but I'm open to read any book as long as it's good and has useful information.

yyy

All Star
Daps
I graduated with a degree in econ so I'll throw my two sense in. I've heard good things about The Big Short, Too Big to Fail, Barbarians at the Gates and Pickety's Capital in the 20th Century. A couple books that I have on my reading list are The End of Poverty: Economic Possibilities for Our Time, The Rational Optimist: How Prosperity Evolves and Savage Inequalities: Children's in America's Schools. On a side a lot of these books are really dense, so if you just want to get a solid summary you could youtube the Author because they tend to give lectures that summarize the conclusions/findings in their book. If your just trying to get your foot wet though I would recommend reading a couple magazines consistently like The Economist and Harvard Business Review.

And if you're up for the task you could read the book that started it all, The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
51r8SHx7vSL.jpg

:wow:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
A random walk down down wall street should be required reading for everyone.

If you want politically biased books like anything from Paul Krugman,

Might as well also read also read Thomas sowell's race economics and culture. Or Ayn rands capitalism the unknown ideal.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Checking you guys recommendations out now.... I am a novice btw.
:patrice: maybe don't start reading economic books justttt yet then. Perhaps start following the economic sections of sites for a while until you've broadened your economic knowledge. Honestly just start following politics more closely first. As @Domingo Halliburton said if you jump into those books immediately you won't get as much out of it and will probably be disinterested. I'm not sure how well versed you are politically currently.

Also don't listen to anything camile bidan says. He's a troll and has mental issues.

Last edited:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I graduated with a degree in econ so I'll throw my two sense in. I've heard good things about The Big Short, Too Big to Fail, Barbarians at the Gates and Pickety's Capital in the 20th Century.

Michael Lewis writes very accessible books. If you want to learn about the housing bubble in 2008 I recommend Big Short and also Boomerang which talks about Europe's problems.

Most of his other books talk about Wall Street but it's usually about the culture.