Any boxing brehs on here?

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
I'm tryna get into boxing this summer cuz my hands game is weak af if we're keeping it real :dame:

What are some signs of a good boxing gym? There's a local one in my town and another about 30 minutes away. I'd like to stay close to home, but if I have to travel idc if it means getting good skills :obama:

What are some good youtube vids to watch to help form/training:jbhmm:

Any good blogs/forums:jbhmm:

Help me out brehs

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I have boxed and trained a dude for amatuer bouts. I would say start building up some cardio and building your core on your own before joining a gym. It will save you money, and will save you time, as the first thing any trainer is going to do is assess your talent and then condition the shyt of you. That's before any sparring, or any considerable bag work.

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
- people on the ring whether that be sparring or mitt work a good gym always has people in the ring

-old school boxing photos

-gym had the smell of sweat and pain

-there's an old dude talking shyt

-both pros and amateurs train there

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have boxed and trained a dude for amatuer bouts. I would say start building up some cardio and building your core on your own before joining a gym. It will save you money, and will save you time, as the first thing any trainer is going to do is assess your talent and then condition the shyt of you. That's before any sparring, or any considerable bag work.

!

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
so it is a good idea to lose weight if you are fat ?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
your hands are weak? So you getting your ass whupped?

You shouldn't go get professional training just so you can whup kids on your block.

Anyways, look for gyms around your area. You can go and test it out for a day for free.

Boxing gyms are different. Some won't really assist or help you until they see that you are serious about it

ie showing up everyday and putting in work. And there are others where they will have trainers work with you every time you come in.

You can learn boxing very quick, or at least I did. Within a few weeks of going at least 5 times a week, you should be able to know how to throw jabs, straights, hooks, uppercuts etc along with the correct footwork, proper guard up, etc. Defense is another thing though.

Good YouTube channel:

I haven't boxed in probably about 2+ years and I still can throw those fundamental punches and my footwork is still on point.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
30+ minute thread seeking coli boxers, and still no site of that one 6 cert having poster who will humble brag about sleeping a kodiak bear at yosemite national park while on holiday with some top 5 rated exthotical instagram model.

i'll be back in 30 minutes, i'm sure he'll post by then.