Any of y'all enjoying the watered down gentrified versions of classic movies?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Remember how dope House Party 1,2,3 and Class Act were? Basically embodied the culture that period? *ignores the IMX/Meagan Good version* Well, let me introduce to you House Party Tonight's The Night from 2013. Bless Tequan Richmond's heart, cause I liked him on Everybody Hates Chris, but this movie SUCKED. Not even the Kid N Play cameos at the end could save this.
house-party-tonight-s-the-night-2013-us-poster.jpg

I watched this months back and couldn't believe how much of the soul was sucked out of the original. The original was so raw and relevant to society, ans this current one really only had 1 story that was relevant and wasn't a complete joke. Keith David was the lone redeeming quality of this movie.
Tales_from_the_Hood_2.jpg

Didn't see much of this movie, but I just wasn't feeling it much from what I did see, even with Michael Jai White, Gary Owens, and Avian Crockett in it.
220px-Undercover_Brother_2.jpg

Only thing I remember about this movie is that they seemed to pile as many people in this movie as possible, and nobody really fit into the story:mjlol:They were there just for hashtag purposes :russ:
81eLpKAIJ2L._SL1500_.jpg

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
The original movies sucked anyway, other than House Party which already had a bunch of trash sequels and possibly Tales which I haven't seen.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They buy the licensing ane pretty much hope to lure fans of the ip and people who heard of it

Yep, that's why we got Belly 2. It was originally just called Billionaire Boys Club, and they added Belly 2 to trick people into watching it. Other examples are the Hellraiser sequels after pt 4. The studio got the script and just added Pinhead to the script to know make it a "Hellraiser" movie. Probably 90% of direct to video sequels follow this blue print. 98% of them are garbage.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Yep, that's why we got Belly 2. It was originally just called Billionaire Boys Club, and they added Belly 2 to trick people into watching it. Other examples are the Hellraiser sequels after pt 4. The studio got the script and just added Pinhead to the script to know make it a "Hellraiser" movie. Probably 90% of direct to video sequels follow this blue print. 98% of them are garbage.
Well that explains why this was made :snoop:
gydS60_Ad6ut6lr03H5q_GDYpFZnf8SuFuLVo1Sr2Wiy_CJaAiUm8w69w6htg73K5zA

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Puts on Hellraiser marathon out of spite :mjcry: